Kid shows that you enjoy

mysterious

Im gonna agree on Fairly Odd Parents...

Others have to include Recess, Doug, Weekenders, Rocket Power (greatest show ever), Reboot (picked up some DVD's of it at the local Video Ezy a while back for like $2 each, total awesomeness, I didn't even realize that they released them as DVD's, i thought it was around way before then) oh and as baby as it is...Gumby was the greatest show ever, and I still watch it gotta love box sets.

ummm, other than that I cant believe no ones mentioned invader zim.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lizzie McGuire is the only good Disney Channel show. Sweet, genuinely funny, and it doesn't have canned laughter.

Canned laughter on kids shows pisses me off, because it makes it sound like there's an audience of middle-aged men watching a shitty kids show and laughing at all the shitty jokes.

Freakazoid was awesome and should of got a 2nd season !

Freakazoid did have a second season...

A lot of the stuff I still remember fondly have already been mentioned- Animaniacs, Freakazoid, Batman TAS, and pretty much all of that warner bros. stuff from when they were going all out with studio orchestras and humor for people that weren't idiots. Batman Beyond was pretty much the last WB show I watched, and I loved that one, too.

Also, Disney's late 90's animated stuff like Recess and Fillmore were great shows. I also liked the Weekenders and House of Mouse. I can't stand watching sit-coms that look like they should've been on TGIF 15 years ago, though. I also liked Disney's early 90's cartoon lineup, especially Darkwing Duck and Ducktales. I'm not sure where it fits into everything, but I also loved Gargoyles.

I also liked Cartoon Network's early stuff, especially Powerpuff Girls.

Something I thought about recently is that people younger than me, that grew up in an era where there was enough original cartoons that they didn't always show old, classic stuff. I mean, I grew up in the late 80's and early 90's and I remember watching Looney Tunes, Woody Woodpecker, Scooby Doo, Disney cartoons that actually featured characters like Donald Duck and Goofy and Micky Mouse. Even the shit like Popeye or the creepy acid trip stuff like Betty Boop and early Disney is going to be completely unknown outside of college courses in communications departments. I think that's a real shame, as not only are people missing some great cartoons, there's huge amounts of references to classic Looney Tunes stuff that today's children won't get. Plus, those cartoons are still funny.

Shows I watch that are mainly targeted to tweens and under are Life with Derek, and thats about it? But back in the day it was pure awesomeness: Batman: the Animated series (I also liked Batman Beyond), Spider-man, X-men, Rocko's modern life, Looney Tunes, Power Rangers, Are you afraid of The Dark, and the list goes on and on. (Plus I could still watch them and enjoy them, especially the superhero shows were just amazing).

So basically the kids today are getting the shaft in terms of shows. Plus I just don't have time checking the new stuff like Teen Titans and the new Spiderman animated series (which I heard was surprisingly good)

Most "Cartoon Cartoons" were class - Cow And Chicken, Johnny Bravo, Powerpuff Girls, I Am Weasel. You'd be hard-pressed to find ANYTHING funnier than the Johnny Bravo/Scooby Doo crossover.

Also, Fairly Odd Parents is made of win.

My Parents Are Aliens WAS fantastic! Hurrah!

Clearly cos it was aimed at making parents smile when they were watching it with their kids.

But I agree - new series with the little black kid are no good whatsoever. It jumped the shark when they started making casting changes.

I haven't watched it since then but just saw a picture with even more different kids in. That doesn't bode well at all.

MPAA2.jpg THAT formula worked.

Most "Cartoon Cartoons" were class - Cow And Chicken, Johnny Bravo, Powerpuff Girls, I Am Weasel. You'd be hard-pressed to find ANYTHING funnier than the Johnny Bravo/Scooby Doo crossover.

Out of all the Cartoon Cartoons - including Dexter's Lab, Courage The Cowardly Dog and Ed, Edd and Eddy as well - I thought Johnny Bravo was the weakest. I didn't find it that funny, probably because I didn't "get it" as a ten year old kid. However I do remember the Scooby Doo episode well and thought it was fantastic.

I wish Cartoon Network would highlight the Cartoon Cartoons a bit more. Last time I checked the TV guide, they had loaded its schedule with Japanese-prickery and put the Cartoon... stuff on in one big slot. At 11pm.

My Parents Are Aliens WAS fantastic! Hurrah!

Clearly cos it was aimed at making parents smile when they were watching it with their kids.

But I agree - new series with the little black kid are no good whatsoever. It jumped the shark when they started making casting changes.

I haven't watched it since then but just saw a picture with even more different kids in. That doesn't bode well at all.

MPAA2.jpg THAT formula worked.

The eldest daughter was kinda tasty too :pervert:

I still watch G1 Transformers to this day, though I see the gaping plot inconsistencies now :( Why Bumblebee, would you accidently reverse off a cliff?

Thomas the Tank... I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that, I hate the new stuff though, too inconsistant with character's and their... character's... Why would Edward act like a dick to to a crane? WHY?!

Fairly Odd Parents is amazing, I can watch it and just little random lines from Cosmo make me laugh and laugh for ages.

Maybe the first series of the Basil Brush show when it returned, that was silly, the jokes were bad, but hell it's still good.

That's all I can really think of, I guess Pokemon could be thrown in there though, it has a special place in my heart.