Official 2010 World Cup Qualifying Thread

alldaws1

Darren Bent has returned!

Is Gabby Agbonlahor injured?

I think so, yes. He pulled out of the U21s on Thursday.

I think Davies is probably more deserving than Bent but either way, I still want Rooney/Gerrard :angry:

Wow, Capello was spot on after the game with what he said on Owen and I'm glad they haven't called him up. I guess on one hand it could give him the confidence boost he really needs, but the guy looks almost as if he could retire anytime soon with the amount of time he's spending on the touchline. I really hope he can find his feet again at Newcastle and fight back into the team.

Overall a good performance. Loving the play between Gerrard and Rooney right now. I'd be so happy if they never played Downing again though, please. And I'm really hoping Beckham stars on Wednesday. It's about time Capello put all the shit from the past to one side and started this guy. He's on as good of form as he's been in years upon years and Lennon and SWP may be 'OH MY GOD SO QUICK' but this guy is as effective as anyone in the game for me, so I'm hoping he's fucking given the chance to play nearing on a full game.

Well we played decently in parts but Kenny Miller really should've scored or at least got a frigging shot away from that chance. And what the hell was up with that disallowed goal? Completely different game if that made it 2-1.

But Alexander was awful, I know Hutton isn't 100% but surely he could've been brought on sooner. He could've played half the game surely. And when we're 2-0 why would you take off a striker to bring on another one? I know he shifted McCormack up front too, but when you need goals and he was playing pretty decently on the wing, why would you put two kids up front with barely 3 caps between them? Maybe if George Burley wasn't such an idiot and Kris Boyd wasn't such a baby then we'd still have him in the squad. And Teale didn't have much luck down the wing, I still don't understand why Morrison didn't start when everyone in the country was expecting him to.

But well done to the Dutch, they played well and took advantage of our bad defending. Easily put away the chances that were given to them and just generally were the better team.