Official 2010 World Cup Qualifying Thread

alldaws1

Ugh, who the fuck cares who also played in the 5-1 against Germany 7 YEARS ago Clive? That was Germany, this is Kazakhstan. Hardly comparable.

But well done England nonetheless. Once that third goal went in the floodgates opened, but letting Kazakhstan back into the game at 2-1 was a bit iffy, even if only for 10 minutes.

Didn't see the Scotland game, but heard bits of it on the radio. Seriously, whose leg does Kris Boyd have to hump to get a game?! Just put him on and give him a chance. With the utmost respect to Iwelumo (although he apparantly missed a sitter) and Steven Fletcher, why the hell wasn't Boyd brought on instead of one of them?

I've seen worse to be fair... I mean, it was bad but Kanu for west brom anyone? Or that Italian guy who put it over from on the goal line? At least Iwelumo's was somewhat fired across... I did chuckle though.

As for England... Walcott was god awful today bless him... we need to stop expecting him to destroy teams every game. I love the fans reaction to Beckham... it's fantastic, and well deserved in my opinion.

And Heskey is fucking awesome... and I really hope he scores on Wednesday to stop all the crying about it. Love the different option he gives us.

meh, poor match in parts.. but 3 points and a nice scoreline in the end. People need to realise that this is how the Germans, Italians, Dutch etc fair against the smaller teams. They don't always play them off the park but they win... and win well, that's what we've done but no doubt people will have to find something to complain about. Either way, 3 wins from 3... I'm happy.

Heskey was definately the best player on the pitch today. Played a part in a goal or two I think but the guy was everywhere. He's never ever, ever going to score for England again but still.

Lampard and Gerrard have another god awful game again. Everyone needs to accept that they cannot play together. Barry and Gerard proved they can play together whereas Lampard has proved he cannot play with anyone in an England shirt for some reason. Though to be fair he played better tham Mr. Liverpool tonight.

Theo had a frustrating game. Started off well but just went back to being the pre-Croatia Theo. I love the guy, but a lot/most Arsenal fans weren't expecting another fantastic performance from him.

Oh yeah...lol, Cashley.

I had my doubts about Heskey being in the team, but he proved to be a key part in the team and set up most of the goals. It's a shame that he did not manage to get one himself.

Lampard and Gerrard were both awful in a England shirt, they do not seem to gel all that well. I was not that happy about the formation that they played, I was happy when they changed it and it seemed to work out for the best.

Beckham = Happy England fans. (Y)

So watching the highlights of Scotland/Norway and that miss is just agonising. If I'd have been watching live I don't think I would've actually believed it.

And clearly we should've had a penalty later on - the defender had 2 arms around Steven Fletcher when the ball was played to him. It was a friggin bearhug.

Edited by Scott McFly

So the US is through to the Hex with two matches to spare after thrashing Cuba 6-1. Beasley owned the game in the first half, and after the Cuban player got sent off (a shame, really, because his first yellow was iffy but the second had to be called), the game just went to hell for Cuba. I hope I see some of these players in the US in the future, wink wink.

Also, may I just add lol, mexico :)

I always find these "You no play me? I quit until you're fired. :angry: " situations funny. Does Boyd even make the Rangers team anymore?

According to the Rangers site he's started 5 of the 8 league games and came on as sub in 1. And granted 2 of these were penalties, but he's also their joint top scorer and has got 1 in 2 for Scotland (and more than that for Rangers). He gets goals and that's what we need. Iwelumo and Fletcher might be doing well at club level, but bringing them both on at the same time with such international inexperience was a mistake, especially when we needed someone up front who's been there, done that and can do it again. I do hope he'll reconsider but more than that I hope Burley goes to him and asks him to reconsider.

Edited by Scott McFly