Official 2010 World Cup Qualifying Thread

alldaws1

Times must of changed a lot if they can no longer air England's games on the BBC or ITV because of money issues and certain projects. Sorry but these games being on Setanta is a joke. It's been called a joke by the majority of England for a while now. Sky isn't nowhere near as bad with the prices and quality you're paying for, Setanta has and always will be a joke though. I guess I'm the only one who thinks so here, so we'll leave that at that.

As for today's game, just noticed the team. Shame yet again that Beckham doesn't get a start, but I guess Lennon has been pretty good lately and deserves a chance in the team. Hopefully Beckham starts the Ukraine match though and at least gets a half today for all the impressive games he's had under Milan as of late. Foster getting a little bit of a game today would turn out nice, although I cant see that happening in all honesty and guess Green will figure instead.

Times must of changed a lot if they can no longer air England's games on the BBC or ITV because of money issues and certain projects. Sorry but these games being on Setanta is a joke. It's been called a joke by the majority of England for a while now. Sky isn't nowhere near as bad with the prices and quality you're paying for, Setanta has and always will be a joke though. I guess I'm the only one who thinks so here, so we'll leave that at that.

As for today's game, just noticed the team. Shame yet again that Beckham doesn't get a start, but I guess Lennon has been pretty good lately and deserves a chance in the team. Hopefully Beckham starts the Ukraine match though and at least gets a half today for all the impressive games he's had under Milan as of late. Foster getting a little bit of a game today would turn out nice, although I cant see that happening in all honesty and guess Green will figure instead.

Of course they can air on BBC and ITV, if they win the rights, but if (as you seem to be suggesting) only those stations can bid, then they'll not get any money because once they've priced out C4 and Five, the two will just split the games (like the Setanta/ITV split at present) and thus the amount of money the FA get from the Internationals will drop drastically.

Like I said before Setanta is shit (and yes, a joke), but they have to be able to bid for the International games if they want, else the FA won't be financially stable or we'll have to abandon all projects (which people will be more pissed off about). I don't think there's much difference between the price of Setanta and Sky though, but don't quote me on that.

So when Heskey went off, why didn't Capello at least try playing Gerrard with Rooney and bring on another central midfielder/left midfielder and move Barry into the centre, it'd make infinitely more sense since that's where he's been playing for most of the season.

The amount of people trying to watch this game on Sopcast is unfunny.

Edit: Or even when Carlton Cole went off, do we seriously have to go through every striker before we go for the sensible option?

Edited by Footjob Fever

ANOTHER GREAT PLAY FROM AARON LENNON!!! Fantastic challenge from Frank Lampard to begin the move, Lennon with some threatening pace down the right and he should have lined up for the cross but instead shot at goal. Gerrard followed the rebound in but the Senecky was equal to it.

Fuck goal.com are jizzing over every England play, are they really playing that good?

lol Aaron Lennon's repeatedly shite final ball. Has he found a white shirt yet?

Lennon's final ball has always been shite, ever since he was a kid in the Leeds reserves, you get more out of Lennon if someone makes a move around 10 yards away from him for him to play a through ball as opposed to a proper cross.

Gerrard off Rooney. Even thought Downing's not the best put him on the left and SWP/Lennon on the right, the movement of Rooney and Gerrard will tear most teams apart. People go on about Rooney 'not liking' to be the only striker but it's bollocks, if you put Gerrard up there he'll have plenty of support.

Lennon on the left, Beckham on the right, Barry and Lampard in the centre, Gerrard and Rooney up front. That makes so much more sense than trying to accomodate Gerrard and Lampard in the midfield and playing a 7th choice striker (or whatever the fuck we're down to).

If Capello really doesn't want to start Beckham, then he can easily play Barry/Lampard/Carrick/Lennon instead.