Official 2010 World Cup Qualifying Thread

alldaws1

That's a great achievement for Australia. Especially when they're up against such footballing powerhouses as Qatar and Bahrain.
It's no different than playing Kazhakstan and Andorra, Is it?

That's arguable. Like a lot of the former Russian states, what they lack in actual quality, Kazakhstan make up for in organisation, and are a tough team to go to. I can't make that argument for Andorra, admittedly >_>

Whilst Bahrain and Qatar out and out suck, so thats good enough for me.

Belarus winning 5-1 in Kazakhstan would hurt your arguement

I was about to post that. Fuck it, they suck >_>

It was a poor goal for us to concede, the defence was just stood watching, and we should have pushed on more in this second half. It's not been a very good game.

It isn't time to panic though, is it? Still three clear if it stays the same, just gotta get back to winning ways in the next fixtures.

Good performance I thought and easily deserving. The only real threat the entire game was the goal and even that was lucky. Crouch stepped in and did a good job, deserves some credit. That said, I really hope people hurry back to fitness, because as said, I'm sick of seeing England do the long ball shit looking for Crouch. Been there and done that all before. It can be nice to bring that into the game when really needed, but it wasn't needed today. The sooner Defoe is healthy, the better. I'd like to see him get more of a run with Rooney and see if they can form a good partnership. Thought Rooney was fantastic today, bar the SMALL bit of rage in the crazy tackle. I still believe Capello is slowly turning him into an even better player though. Only drawbacks were Cole was really shocking today and despite having almost anything to do, James looked really shakey yet again. Also, get fucking Richards back in the team.

Overall, deserved three points.

US up 2-0 now with another goal from Altidore. It was a pretty good goal a good cross from Donavon I believe and then Altidore faked the T&T player and put it over the keeper, looks to be 3 points from this game which should be good after tying El Salvador on Sunday in El Salavdor.

I thought Gerrard and Rooney linked up well last night... Shame they didn't start up front togethe because then we wouldn't have had to watch 80 minutes of "Hoof to Crouch. Crouch ducks. Ukraine get ball. Ukraine lose ball. We pass around aimlessly amongst the back 4 for 2 minutes. Hoof to Crouch..."

I thought Gerrard and Rooney linked up well last night... Shame they didn't start up front togethe because then we wouldn't have had to watch 80 minutes of "Hoof to Crouch. Crouch ducks. Ukraine get ball. Ukraine lose ball. We pass around aimlessly amongst the back 4 for 2 minutes. Hoof to Crouch..."

Yes, we get it, you want them to play up front together all the time. You don't have to mention it in every post you make.

Edited by NBT

Good performance I thought and easily deserving. The only real threat the entire game was the goal and even that was lucky. Crouch stepped in and did a good job, deserves some credit. That said, I really hope people hurry back to fitness, because as said, I'm sick of seeing England do the long ball shit looking for Crouch. Been there and done that all before. It can be nice to bring that into the game when really needed, but it wasn't needed today. The sooner Defoe is healthy, the better. I'd like to see him get more of a run with Rooney and see if they can form a good partnership. Thought Rooney was fantastic today, bar the SMALL bit of rage in the crazy tackle. I still believe Capello is slowly turning him into an even better player though. Only drawbacks were Cole was really shocking today and despite having almost anything to do, James looked really shakey yet again. Also, get fucking Richards back in the team.

Overall, deserved three points.

Why? Richards has been gash this season.