Official 2010 World Cup Qualifying Thread

alldaws1

Yeah, in my opinion, based on skills and results, Boyd should be playing every single game for Rangers and Scotland - but he's not.

And it's no surprise if this is his usual attitude. I love Boyd, but what a fucking crybaby prick.

He and McCulloch abandoning the Scotland team is fucking angering me. The one time we really get some momentum and they can't be arsed. I just don't understand it. We need the very best players we have to qualify. Even having Boyd on the bench is good. But putting this pressure on Burley is so stupid, especially after the SFA said BEFORE the Norway game that Burley wasn't going anywhere win, lose or draw.

Fucking selfish bastard.

And 'focus on club duties' is hilarious. Did someone tell him we're not in Europe anymore?

Edited by The Kraig

Goalkeepers: Brad Guzan (Aston Villa, England), Troy Perkins (Valerenga, Norway);

Defenders: Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas USA), Danny Califf (Midtjylland, Denmark), Frankie Hejduk (Columbus), Michael Orozco (San Luis, Mexico), Heath Pearce (Hansa Rostock, Germany), Marvell Wynne (Toronto);

Midfielders: Freddy Adu (AS Monaco), DaMarcus Beasley (Glasgow Rangers, Scotland), Brian Carroll (Columbus), Maurice Edu (Glasgow Rangers, Scotland), Sacha Kljestan (Chivas USA), Danny Szetela (Brescia, Italy), Jose Francisco Torres (Pachuca, Mexico);

Forwards: Jozy Altidore (Villarreal, Spain), Charlie Davies (Hammarby, Sweden), Chris Rolfe (Chicago)

That the roster for the U.S. for the game this week against Trinidad and Tobago, it is good to see alot of the younger guys getting a chance now that we have for sure qualified for the next round. Guzan, Adu, and Altidore probably all get starts for this game so it will be interesting to see how they do against a T&T team that isnt bad. Torres who recently choose playing for U.S. rather then Mexico looks to probably get some more time after not looking bad in his debut. One of the guys who I hope gets some time is Charlie Davies who has been looking good with Hammarby and showed some moments in the small time he had in the Olympics.

Nah, it's just that Belarus are awesome. We're being outplayed by the better team. How are they not ranked higher than us?!

They aren't? It seems most teams are ranked higher than England these days. <_<

Belarus were always going to be hard in Belarus, but I still think England score. Surprising to see a team like that pull an equaliser back against us as we normally manage to get one and then open the game up a bit more. Well, when they aren't played through by Ashley Cole. But I suppose Belarus will probably have been more adventurous from the outset - probably looked to play a more flowing game anyways.

I think the general feeling in Scotland is we hope Netherlands win all their games then we can get enough points to finish second. And even that'll be a stretch. <_<

That's what I was thinking too. I really want Scotland to qualify, the Scots are loved in Dutchland :D I really think it's possible for us to win all the games this time around and get the maximum amount of points but maybe I'm being a bit too confident and cocky. Scotland still have a fairly big chance of qualifying so I don't see the point in players refusing to play for Scotland now that their country needs them more than ever. We beat Norway away and we probably will at home, take advantage of that ya feckin' Scots!

HAGGIS!

I think the general feeling in Scotland is we hope Netherlands win all their games then we can get enough points to finish second. And even that'll be a stretch. <_<

That's what I was thinking too. I really want Scotland to qualify, the Scots are loved in Dutchland :D I really think it's possible for us to win all the games this time around and get the maximum amount of points but maybe I'm being a bit too confident and cocky. Scotland still have a fairly big chance of qualifying so I don't see the point in players refusing to play for Scotland now that their country needs them more than ever. We beat Norway away and we probably will at home, take advantage of that ya feckin' Scots!

HAGGIS!

Well actually, we're hoping you beat everyone else and then we can snatch a 2 draws off you. :P

We're still in 2nd after tonights games, but since we haven't played you yet we'll need to win all our matches aside from you at the least. Surprised to see Norway at the bottom though, but 2nd place is still pretty open to anyone.

Tonight showed why I still think that when on form, there's no better player on the planet than Rooney. People shit on him at times, but fuck he's just so fantastic. Went through a patch where his confidence was low and was finding it hard to score, but all he needed was that one goal to get himself going again. His confidence is sky high now, firing for both club and national teams. When he's on form he's just brilliant to watch, it just seems like he's got a better mindset than nearly anybody when he's at his best.

Another bad performance by Walcott, the apparent next big thing. I'm no hater of his, because he is a really good player, but I really hope Capello isn't going to be too scared to drop him if he keeps up with these performances. Wright-Phillips had yet another disappointing game as well, just wasn't working for him. And wow, Heskey worked brilliant yet again, showing he actually can run at players and isn't just some big fat lump, played fantastic tonight. I know it was only Belarus, but it was at Belarus and was never going to be easy.

Surely there's someone better than Bridge when Cole is injured? Sure, he wasn't bad tonight, but I think I'll always dislike him, just shouldn't be in the team IMO. Hopefully Beckham gets the nod ahead of Walcott sometime soon :wub: