Official 2010 World Cup Qualifying Thread

alldaws1

Those ITV commentators and all English pundits as a matter of fact, are such arrogant cunts when it comes to the England team. They seem to forget that they've done fuck all for 43 years despite their wealth of talent and magnificent team and that they got landed with the easiest no.1 seed in the qualifying which voids all the praise they're getting for winning all their games thus far.

Those ITV commentators and all English pundits as a matter of fact, are such arrogant cunts when it comes to the England team. They seem to forget that they've done fuck all for 43 years despite their wealth of talent and magnificent team and that they got landed with the easiest no.1 seed in the qualifying which voids all the praise they're getting for winning all their games thus far.

The easiest #1 seed? Since we've gotta contend with Croatia, and Holland's closest rivals are Scotland, whilst one group is being fought between Greece and Switzerland, I don't think that's quite accurate.

That said I can't stand most of our commentators anyway.

But Holland were the first seeds in their group :/

Yeah that's kinda bullshit though, it's still a decent achievement to win 7 out of 7, especially since we've looked comfortable in most of them. Clearly we should've won 10 out of 7 though :rolleyes:

Fantastic win for England, certainly when they came up against a team who stuck every man behind the ball. Sometimes seems easy but Capello was right in wanting to get the early goal, because it was pretty much a breeze from then on.

Got to echo what NBT said, some of Beckham's passing was awesome in parts, even if it is against a shit team. I cracked up laughing when the ball kept coming to him and everybody screamed for him to shoot, only for him to do a thirty yard pass to somebody and do it all over again. Fuck the commentator (cant even remember his name) for saying Beckham pretty much wont make SA next year. Why not? If he does move on from Galaxy again like he did with Milan, there's no reason he shouldn't be there. He's still just as important and effective as these 'OMGZ AMAZING YOUTH PLAYERS' who mostly still aren't good enough for a huge tournament like the World Cup, but he'll more than likely still be looked down upon. I'm hoping he does make it, even if it's spending most of the time on the bench.

Oh and Johnson for RB forever? Yes please, top performance from him, shit team or not. Looks good going forward and can deliver some lovely balls into the box, hopefully he continues this run in the team. The same cant be said for Vrouch though. The commentators can bang on about his scoring record all day long, I'll still laugh. There's no way I even want to think of him starting any games next year in SA. I'm tired of the bullshit crosses for him, which nine times out of ten he seems to fuck up now anyway. I'm not calling him shit, but he's just not good enough if you ask me. Rooney and Defoe pleases me a lot though and the partnership between Gerrard and Rooney is beginning to become scary, because it's just that damn good at times.

I'm not really sure beating Andorra 6-0 really classifies as a "fantastic win". It's one of those scenarios where scoring six is pretty much par for the course. England weren't going to score less than 3 goals against a bunch of part time internationals with an average age of over thirty. :shifty:

Fantastic win for England, certainly when they came up against a team who stuck every man behind the ball. Sometimes seems easy but Capello was right in wanting to get the early goal, because it was pretty much a breeze from then on.

Got to echo what NBT said, some of Beckham's passing was awesome in parts, even if it is against a shit team. I cracked up laughing when the ball kept coming to him and everybody screamed for him to shoot, only for him to do a thirty yard pass to somebody and do it all over again. Fuck the commentator (cant even remember his name) for saying Beckham pretty much wont make SA next year. Why not? If he does move on from Galaxy again like he did with Milan, there's no reason he shouldn't be there. He's still just as important and effective as these 'OMGZ AMAZING YOUTH PLAYERS' who mostly still aren't good enough for a huge tournament like the World Cup, but he'll more than likely still be looked down upon. I'm hoping he does make it, even if it's spending most of the time on the bench.

Oh and Johnson for RB forever? Yes please, top performance from him, shit team or not. Looks good going forward and can deliver some lovely balls into the box, hopefully he continues this run in the team. The same cant be said for Vrouch though. The commentators can bang on about his scoring record all day long, I'll still laugh. There's no way I even want to think of him starting any games next year in SA. I'm tired of the bullshit crosses for him, which nine times out of ten he seems to fuck up now anyway. I'm not calling him shit, but he's just not good enough if you ask me. Rooney and Defoe pleases me a lot though and the partnership between Gerrard and Rooney is beginning to become scary, because it's just that damn good at times.

I agree in entirity with this post.... I'm going to check my temperature.