• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How do you make Kraig's inc thing work?

I couldn't work that out.

SO I opened the first file in Notepad and all you need to do is change the "1"s to "0" at the end of each of the three lines referring to Holland, France and Germany. Then delete everything on the line that ends "Jens Mustermann".

Close and save.

Then delete the other file (although I backed it up to My Documents just in case).

That fixes it.

I'm also playing as Spurs, but don't cheat (;)) and have transfer budgets turned off in the first window. So no signings, there's a current batch of about 8 new players that still have to fit in.

Can you turn transfer budgets off then at the start of every game? That's a pretty neat feature, I've always wanted that, to keep the first couple of months realistic with same squads as real life etc. Where abouts is this option?

Ha I just had a great finish to the end of a game there was throwing everything I had at Motherwell but the keeper was uncharacteristically awesome and nothing was going past him and was settling for a draw when I got a free kick in the last minute, shot flew round the wall hit off the post and ricochet off the back of the keeper and into the net.

For those asking how to install my lnc file put it in:

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\updates\update-910\db\910\lnc\all

OR:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009\data\updates\update-910\db\910\lnc\all.

Depends if you use Steam or not.

Edited by The Kraig

Spec is 3.0ghz Intel Pentium 4, 2GB Ram and an Nvidea Galaxy Gforce 9600 graphics card, so i maul the minimum specs. Maybe more Ram would help, but 2GB is pleanty for everything else i run.

Background ive normally got Firefox, MSN and sometimes WMP. Never had issues with FM speed before, 08 went like a whippet.

-B

The only things I can suggest are:

- make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date as this may be causing the long load times.

- untick threading in the options since you've got a single core processor (it may have done this for you).

- run in full screen mode with nothing running in the background.

I believe they had to recode all the graphics in DirectX or something this year to help incorporate the 3D engine. So it may look the same as FM08 (including the skin that I'm not a fan of), but it's doing things differently under the hood. Apparently.

EDIT: Just to add - I've got a 2.0Ghz dual core, 2Gb RAM and NVidea 7600 laptop graphics card and mine runs great in a window with a browser running too. So I can't see what would cause yours to load so slowly. Unless it's just because you have a single core processor with other stuff running too.

SO I opened the first file in Notepad and all you need to do is change the "1"s to "0" at the end of each of the three lines referring to Holland, France and Germany. Then delete everything on the line that ends "Jens Mustermann".

Close and save.

Then delete the other file (although I backed it up to My Documents just in case).

That fixes it.

As I mentioned, I think you can just pretty much delete all the lnc files that are there instead of changing them. Then put Kraig's in instead.

Edited by Scott McFly

Close and save.

That fixes it.

As I mentioned, I think you can just pretty much delete all the lnc files that are there instead of changing them. Then put Kraig's in instead.

Correct.

OK, this is annoying me now, I want to use my own data, I've saved in:

'C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2009\data'

But it doesn't come up on the list of options to load DB. I've tried saving in My Documents bit as well but it still doesn't come up, any help?

My fixture list is a cunt. Chelsea at home (lost 4-0), Man United away (lost 3-0), and now Aston Villa away. I managed to beat Hull and Everton at home and draw with Bolton away, so all is going smoothly apart from the cunt of a fixture list. Oh, and just when I thought I had tactics figured out for once, I go and lost 3-1 to Ipswich at home in a game in which they comprehensively outplayed me. Stupid game :(

Finding it ridiculously hard to score as well.

Anyone else think the player ratings seem to be a bit off for your team? I'm coming second with Spurs, yet only have 2 players in the top 100. Might be I'm only 5 games in and things will even themselves out later, but you'd think I'd have a few more in there.

Edit: Also, Kraig, why does it say 'FA Cup e.on'? :@

Edited by Zaz