Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah they did implement that during FM07 I think? I am pretty sure it carried onto the newer ones too

I am liking the Reading game so far something that pissed me off was United gave my old job to Gary Neville and the first thing he does is sell 5 of the youth players I had worked really hard to train up. And then they go and beat me on the first day of the season, on the plus side I won the Community Shield and Reading won the FA Cup last season so apparently I am in Europe which is awesome!.

There I was thinking that my save had corrupted... only to find that a backup was made when the save... broke <_<

Sometime after season 4 at Chelsea (resulting in the fourth straight League win) I was offered the Mexico job... naturally I didn't want to do it, then I saw the squad. Carlos Vela is in his peak, as is Guaderio (or however you spell it, my Chelsea winger) and Dos Santos. Plus, to qualify into the World Cup, all I had to do was face Canada and two other teams that were worse than Canada.

So I'm now both Chelsea AND Mexico coach, not that that's causing any concern about my workrate, my last four Mexico matches were 7-0, 6-1 and 8-0 respectively. Plus I'm still top of the League at Chelsea

This is turning out to be my best game so far... and I've done it without resorting to buying cheat players.

I don't think there are cheat players in the same sense as someone like To Madeira, but players like Keirrison seems to be signed by everyone because they go onto become unstoppable goal machines.

Yeah there are no cheat players. In all the games I've had in FM09 Keirrison has never been bought in the first 2/3 seasons actually, plus he just IS a big talent so nothing wrong with how they rated him.

I decided to stop the Bolton game because I wasn't into it and started a Man City game, because I thought it would be fun to build a Champions League worthy team and it certainly has been fun so far. I've sold Benjani, Bellamy etc, because they're shit and they were getting waaaay too much money. Currently in January and one point behind the number one, so still going strong :blush:

I don't think there are cheat players in the same sense as someone like To Madeira, but players like Keirrison seems to be signed by everyone because they go onto become unstoppable goal machines.

Yeah there are no cheat players. In all the games I've had in FM09 Keirrison has never been bought in the first 2/3 seasons actually, plus he just IS a big talent so nothing wrong with how they rated him.

I decided to stop the Bolton game because I wasn't into it and started a Man City game, because I thought it would be fun to build a Champions League worthy team and it certainly has been fun so far. I've sold Benjani, Bellamy etc, because they're shit and they were getting waaaay too much money. Currently in January and one point behind the number one, so still going strong :blush:

Took me 3 seasons with city but i finally won the league with them :) Vagner love and milevski upfront, Downing young Ramires and kaka in the mid and then Bridge Song Kompany and richards with assenjo in goal :) turned out beastly!

Now i got messi in so looks like a push on the CL is in order, plus eto's joined me for 2 seasons then im gunna let him go to the highest bidder :D ile be happy if i get 150k for him at 33 :D

Started my third season, still with Gillingham after keeping them up. Made some changes, most of who are injured now.

Home form

Won 2 out of 2

Away form

Lost 3 out of 3

I know it's harder away from home but you'd think it'd be more subtle. Either way I'm midtable, assuming form stays similar to this throughout, winning most at home and losing most away then I guess we're in for midtable, which I guess is okay. I'm struggling with injuries so I resorted to bringing in Matt James again on loan and also Gokhan Tore, just because people were going down.

Agyemang was meant to be my goal getter this year, but he broke a toe. Chris Martin was signed on a free, injured in the last friendly game for 4 weeks. So he made his debut a few games in, came on and was immediately injured for a further 4 weeks. What's funny is when he signed he said we were his stepping stone and that all attention had to be on him, well.. not going to get much attention when you're nursing an injury every 5 minutes are you?

Still think I have enough about us to do well. Inzaghi, Martin and Agyemang all being injured isn't good though as that means I'm playing plank-of-wood Neil Harris and wantaway Simeon Jackson. Jackson said he wants to move to a bigger club, he's quick but since I intended on playing Agyemang, Inzaghi and Martin all ahead of him I agree'd to it. He'll command a 6 figure deal if I can offload him, and I'll be laughing all the way to the bank if someone in the Championship actually wants Simeon "Offside" Jackson. Damn Canuck.

Started playing this again, took over as Wycombe boss. I'm not too familiar with the team or anything, but I'm having fun playing with them. I just recently found out about the Loan Report feature, and it is kick-ass. I managed to get this player from Man Utd, hopefully he turns out to be good in League 2, he's got decent stats. In 10th place right now, I'm under-achieving apparently, so I gotta kick it into high gear.

Who the fuck is Ismael Miller and why has he scored 8 goals against my Chelsea team in six games? :angry:

West Brom are well and truly my bogey team.

And I didn't pay £47,000,000 for Sergio Aguero just so he could pass to Drogba when faced with an open goal. :angry:

Edited by metalman

Just earned a second promotion on the trot with Stevenage, though just qualifying for playoffs and then scraping through those matches, I knew my squad was good enough for a good position in League 2 on the first season, but I didn't expect that. I got quite a bit of luck in a lot of matches though.

League 1 is going to destroy me though, my team report is 3/4 stars across the board and I haven't got any transfer budget at all, and not much of a wage budget. I'm trying to pawn off some useless players onto lower league clubs but with no luck. I just hope to god I get some good loans or I am buggered.

So I finished 2nd in the League in my 2nd year at Man City. Started off the 3rd season with a win against West Brom, yet the fuckers injured Shaun Wright-Phillips so I lost away to Bolton and Wigan before Shauny came back and we drew Chelsea at home, beat Everton away and dominated our first Champions League game.

In short Shaun Wright-Phillips>all.

I also had to play a 17 year old central defender in the Champions League game since my defensive depth decided to be plundered by injuries and ineligibility. Oh well, the kid is gonna be a stud and may allow me to keep Micah Richards on the right side in a couple of years when Glen Johnson turns shit.

I love having uber rich(and insane)owners with Reading they keep pumping cash into the club and I have pieced together a decent squad but still struggling in the league(at 18th right now)but I am in the UEFA Cup and thrashed Bertha Jerusalem,Olympiakos and Metalsburg Donetsk thus I have a good chance of getting to the next round.

The 16 million spent on Mark Doswell a nineteen year old has proved to be money well spent as he scores alot. I have an ageing Deco and Lee Catermole in the middle. Deco is 35 and struggling so I am going to have to bring in a good passer of the ball in January while Cattermole provides the steel.

Started a save with Atletico Bilbao. It's a hard challange, since you can only get Basque players. However, they have Llorente and Yeste, so, it's a lot easier like that :D

My goal is to take them to a CL win. Very hard, but a perfect challange

It's a great challenge but the problem is that after a few years you really have to rely on good players coming through your youth ranks, which is something you just cannot rely on at all. A good example of this is Ajax, who has one of the best if not the best youth system in the world, yet in FM I've rarely gotten any world class players from my Ajax youth team. So I think you might have a shot at qualifying for the CL in the first 5 or so years, but then the ship will probably sink.