Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

Took over Leeds and got them promoted to the championship and then against all odds finished 9th in the championship.

My first priority after taking over was promotion and the squad I had was pretty good and then I got Randall, Bischoff and Merida all on loan from Arsenal which further bolstered my squad. Got promoted easily. Once in the championship, I cleared up my staff and what have you and brought in the scouts and coaches that I wanted. Got off to a shaky start and was in the relegation zone at the end of October but a 22 match unbeaten run saw me rise to the top half of the table and challenge for the play-off places. I'm happy with what I achieved :) Looking forward to capitalize on that soon.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did that free agents database ever get completed?

I was thinking of starting my next game after going into holiday mode for 4 years to see how different things would look.

Yes, it's been complete. I just can't seem to find anyplace to host it.

Aside from people signed before I arrived (about three or four) I have signed:

Cory Gibbs

Billy Jones

Johan Elmander

Vincent Kompany

Nene

And a couple of others whose names I don't remember. Still need a keeper, tried to get Shay Given, whose 39 and Newcastle were all 14million plz. <_<

I caused a shit storm amoung the shitty Koln players by trying to get rid of Fayrd Mondragon. As Much as I love the guy and always have (inexplicably so) , he's 40 and I don't really want him. So I released him. I still have Pierre Wome and a few others that need getting rid of. There is a great lot of really old and not very good on this team. I said I'd try for Europe but I'm starting to think that over ambitious.

Sorry for the double post. Installed it; so if it's keffed, it's keffed. <_<

Just got a problem now; any ideas what this means?: Cannot run game. Failed graphics system.

Something in-game or is this PC simply too crappy?

Edited by KoA

You need the latest version of DirectX from the Microsoft site. Inexplicably, some people also said they had to download the SDK too, which makes no sense but worked for them, so...

In other news, fucking hell:

Pos	 Team							Pld  Won  Drn  Lst  For  Ag   Won  Drn  Lst  For  Ag   Pts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st  Q  Dortmund				   GER  6	2	0	1	5	3	3	0	0	6	2	15   

2nd  Q  Viking					 NOR  6	1	0	2	5	6	2	1	0	7	4	10   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd	 Atalanta				   ITA  6	1	1	1	2	2	1	0	2	2	4	7	

4th	 Aberdeen				   SCO  6	1	0	2	5	6	0	0	3	2	7	3

Note how, just like real Vikings, we were undefeated away from home. :shifty:

Also, Aberdeen's only three points were against Atalanta because it was too cold and muddy for the Italians to play properly. Which is lucky for us because that's the only reason we qualified. ¬_¬

Lazio next~!

Edited by Farmer Reil

Yus, the second group stage.

Beat Aberdeen in both games, and Atalanta away. Drew 0-0 with Dortmund away in the most boring FM match I can remember (it was over in about a minute due to lack of highlights ¬_¬). Lost to Dortmund and Atalanta at home, but Aberdeen beat Atalanta in what must surely have been the most embarrassing result in their recent history (with losing to us probably being second most embarrassing ¬_¬), so I qualified. :shifty:

Going to get shat on by Lazio though. Claudio Lopez, Hernan Crespo, Kim Kallstrom and Zinedine Zidane in the same team, with Nesta in defence of course...

Stamina 20, Strength 20, Marking 20, Tackling 20, Heading 20, Pace 20, Acceleration 20, Positioning 20, Anticipation 20, Influence 20... I think I might just tell Mass Sarr to man mark Nesta with hard tackling on, and hope he gets injured soon enough to matter. :shifty:

Edited by Farmer Reil

CaptainAwesome.jpg

That's what captains are fucking for! Get in! Not quite as odd as the Atalanta game, it was 1-0 in the 80th minute and who should pop up and score? Toni Kuivasto...

Now I just have to go to Italy and score (hard enough) and prevent them from doing the same (:cry:).

Operation: Fuck Nesta Up failed miserably, but I realised after that it wouldn't have mattered anyway because a £9m signing from Inter was on the bench. A certain M. Materazzi. I guess I could always trick Zidane into telling him a Your Mom joke... :shifty:

Edited by Farmer Reil

Started as Leicester, got them promoted as champions in the first season, got to the Championship play-offs in the next but missed out, beaten by Wolves in the semi-final. This season I'm strolling the league, should get promoted easy.

Finished 10th in my first Prem season and got to the FA Cup final but lost (that's 5 FA Cup Finals for Leicester and 5 runner-up medals...)

Left them for Notts Forest who were bottom of League 1... the side is a shambles. Have got them playing decently though and I'm 3 points behind safety with 16 games to go, so should be fine. Only problem is the board want me to finish in the play-offs... very reasonable considering I took over after 14 games of the season and they were already 10 points adrift :mellow:

So I got Forest promoted, then nearly made the playoffs in the Championship. Now the club has been taken over and I'm waiting to hear if they're going to let me keep my job. Fuckers. They want to replace me with Martin O'Neill. I think I might just jump ship before I get pushed...

Okay, so they've let me keep my job. But... I'm going to resign anyway. I think I'm going to go back to Leicester.

Here's the Euro 2012 draw on my game. I am Italy.

Group A

Poland

Italy

Turkey

Israel

Group B

Ukraine

Germany

Switzerland

Scotland

Group C

Spain

Portugal

Holland

Croatia

Group D

England

France

Serbia

Ireland

I think I got off quite lucky. >_> Group C is one of the most horrible groups I've ever seen though.