Dead Set - New E4 Series

GA!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed the first two episodes so I VoD'd them earlier. Amazing stuff. I'll record the next one tonight. It's all very exciting stuff.

Anyone else think Davina is quite sexy as a zombie? ¬_¬

You going to wait and watch it all in one go? In hindsight, I wish I'd done that. Not much longer than a film when it's all added together.

I missed the first two episodes so I VoD'd them earlier. Amazing stuff. I'll record the next one tonight. It's all very exciting stuff.

Anyone else think Davina is quite sexy as a zombie? ¬_¬

You going to wait and watch it all in one go? In hindsight, I wish I'd done that. Not much longer than a film when it's all added together.

Nah, I've caught up now. I watched the first two back to back earlier. Will record the next one tonight and watch it when I get home from work tomorrow. Will probably do the same for Thursday and Friday's too.

Latest episode was quality, loved the producer cutting through the bones.

I have to say, episode before last was great as well, favourite bit being with the two Police Officers.

Going to be sad to see the show end, as it's the only thing I'm really enjoying on TV at the moment.

From the stuff I've since seen on YouTube, I take it it was Brooker who cleverly stuck in that opinion-piece on reality tv through the producer character tonight. Genius.

The producer character is obviously the mouthpiece for Brooker's disdain for Big Brother, and at the same time an example of his disdain for the arrogant, selfish dicks who work behind the scenes.

I so hope the annoying boyfriend guy did get shot, but I have a feeling we won't get that pleasure.

He's annoying, but I hope he wasn't shot. His character has been destined to meet up with Kelly again since the beginning, so for him to be popped off with a rifle before he gets there is stupid.

I won't mind it, however, if they meet/hug and one comes from behind (I hear you'd know all about that ¬_¬) and bites the back of his neck.

I'm not sure how I feel about the ending. I mean, obviously, they were all gonna die, but it just seemed like "shit we've got no more ideas for set pieces, kill 'em off, quick!"

As a whole, it was pretty good, not DVD-purchase worthy, but a solid effort nonetheless. I can't help feeling it'd have done better as a feature-length show though, and apparently, Channel 4 agree since it's being shown as such tomorrow evening.

I'm not sure how I feel about the ending. I mean, obviously, they were all gonna die, but it just seemed like "shit we've got no more ideas for set pieces, kill 'em off, quick!"

Spoilers for those that haven't seen it:

Given Brooker's previous work, I think it was inevitable that the outcome would involve some sort of commentary on the BB culture. It turned everyone on the outside into mindless zombies who all wanted to get into the house. Eventually everyone turns into one.

I'm not surprised it was a really bleak ending, though. I thought the producer might have survived in screwing everyone over, but I wasn't expecitng a happy ending.

Patrick was awesome again, though. "They pour insult over you like a bucket of cum."

Edited by therockbox