Dead Set - New E4 Series

GA!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the idea behind it then? BB members are trapped in the BB house during a zombie out-break or...?

I believe the exact idea is that a zombie outbreak occurs during a series of Big Brother, and the contestants are either the last ones to find out or are the sole survivors due to how they're locked away from the rest of society. Then, they must fend for themselves from there.

I think the concept is fantastic, and well timed considering Big Brother UK is fucked after its tenth anniversary next year anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

Whats Charlie Brooker done on TV barring Screen Wipe? Bizarrely my main knowledge of him is the odd last page he used to write for PC Zone magazine about 10 years ago. Was always very funny and pretty much the only thing you can re-read in an old PC magazine.

Outside of his writing and columns...

He was a writer on the 11 'o Clock Show, the paedophilia episode of Brass Eye, Nathan Barley (I may be the only person in the world to love it though), Rush Hour (I was definitely the only person to love that comedy sketch series)....and Screen Wipe of course (which along with Newsnight is probably the only must watch show on TV).

EDIT: The character of Nathan Barley was invented by Charlie Brooker some time before on his TVGoHome website.

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Outside of his writing and columns...

He was a writer on the 11 'o Clock Show, the paedophilia episode of Brass Eye, Nathan Barley (I may be the only person in the world to love it though), Rush Hour (I was definitely the only person to love that comedy sketch series)....and Screen Wipe of course (which along with Newsnight is probably the only must watch show on TV).

EDIT: The character of Nathan Barley was invented by Charlie Brooker some time before on his TVGoHome website.

Oh god, now you've just reminded me of the Flailers.

Yeah, he created the concept of Nathan Barley, but Morris took it a completely different direction - Morris' Barley was an obvious wanker, a new media trendy type with no discernible talent or likeability, just obsessed with buzzwords and the next big thing, while Charlie Brooker's "Cunt" Nathan Barley from TVGoHome was an indiscernible yuppie - the whole point was that he wasn't so obviously a cunt, because everyone else was one too. But obviously part of the reasoning behind "Cunt" being featured so much in TVGoHome was that it would make for terrible TV, whereas obviously Morris' made for hugely under-rated utterly brilliant TV. Dan Ashcroft is Julian Barratt's finest hour.

There was also a TVGoHome series on E4 way back when, although it was largely forgettable compared to the website.

Ahhh I should have trusted Skummy to come through and join me in the Barley love :wub:

The Dan Ashcroft character is brilliant. Julian Barratt will be remembered for Mighty Boosh but I agree, Nathan Barley was definitely his finest performance so far.