Shows you were at that were released as Live albums.

K

So I just had WinAmp running through tracks on random, and Metallica - Master of Puppets (Live at Download, 2006) came on.

It's incredible. I don't know why, but listening to it just takes me back there. Still the greatest live show I've seen (Long time EWB readers will know I say that about every gig, but it's probably true of this one).

I just feel excited again. I remember how intense it was when the lights dipped and the Master of Puppets tribute video came on, and you realised that you were about to see your favourite album played in full. I remember thinking at the end, there's no way this set can get any better. Then they covered Die Die My Darling for an encore, with guest guitarists and vocalists. I remember backing out of the pit after Die Die... listening to Hetfield as he announces Seek and Destroy and a pit just fucking explodes around me out of nowhere, and I get a second (third? fourth? fifth?) wind.

Love it.

Your turn.

edit: then I pissed against a wall, went to dragsys house, fell asleep on his campbed and had a terrible nightmare about his dog

I don't have many live sets that I've actually been to, I have Reuben's set when they were on the main stage last year, and it's a similar feeling, not as epic as Metallica maybe, but there's certainly memories. Probably intensified due to the fact that they're not together anymore. I've also got a live version of InMe's 7Weeks at Download '06, released as a B-side.

Nothing officially, but you can get hold of Portishead's set at ATP Nightmare Before Christmas 2007 fairly easily (and, I believe, legally), which is the only live show I've been at that's been recorded, other than local band stuff - most of which doesn't count because half the time I was recording it in the first place.

The Portishead stuff, though, really does take me back - they were far from the best part of the festival, although probably would have been the best part of any other festival. Just memories of all of us sat on the floor in complete darkness staring up at a giant projected image of Beth Gibbons as she drops to the floor singing Only You, and everybody in the room is just entranced.

I went to a Babyshambles show in Glasgow which was released as a CD/DVD. I haven't bothered listening to it yet.

Why?

Because they're amazing, and that arena tour where Pete was sober, they were absolutely outstanding live. Hell, at Leeds, they were fucking great too.

I can't think of anything off the top of my head. The Gaslight Anthem show I was going to go to (but didn't have money for travel) has become a good quality bootleg, apparently...I can't bring myself to download it.

A Ross Noble standup gig I went to was released on DVD...that doesn't count though. :shifty:

Edited by YI

Foo Fighters in Hyde Park in 2006, having Roger Taylor and Brian May come out and do Tie Your Mother Down was epic, as well as Lemmy coming out to do Shake Your Blood which I was half expecting anyway, still it was tremendous

Well nothing so far, but the Fall Out Boy concert at Wembley Wednesday night was being filmed...apparently.

Oh, Alter Bridge November 8th at Brixton Academy is being filmed for DVD.

Those two count right?

I went to Underworld early this year and every gig on their tour was turned into a live album which you could purchase immediately and was made available on their website.

Slightly (read: VERY) off topic I was at a Muse gig back in '99 and clips from that gig (including the back of my head) were on the original Muscle Museum video. Nice.

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyThatcher