The 2008-09 FA Cup Thread

Matt

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scotland and ROI got the game on Setanta 2. :) I can't believe ITV would cut to a break in extra time. Sure, the extra time has caused havoc with your schedules but you knew it could happen when you scheduled the game. The only thing is the commentators were saying some retarded things and didn't sound like any of the usual people who do it. I'll bet they were still better than ITV's though. Well taken goal, but how the hell was he allowed to get the shot away - there were THREE Liverpool players around him.

We were on the backfoot from whenever Lucas got sent off. Especially sans Gerrard. Can't say I'd have been delighted with a win either. This game was just kinda 'there' for me. Probably because I'm knackered.

Everton will have a tough game against Villa.

I did see the replay. ITV went to the break and came back just as Gosling was celebrating the goal.

I got that too. It wasn't made it like they meant to do it though, they did it for about a minute going on and off of the game, maybe just a complete fuck up on their end.

Missed the first half, sounds bad so I'm glad I did. Second half was decent, although of course it just felt like Everton trying to win the game for the majority of what I see. Maybe I'm wrong, but Liverpool look fucked now Torres seems injured yet again. Is the Gerrard injury bad? Didn't see it or hear much about it. Everton/Villa should be a cracking game.

According to a couple of sites ITV's excuse for the cock up was due to ad breaks already scheduled for after the news was supposed to be on. How that explains the E-on football sponsor part just before the break I'm not sure.

< That's a video of ITV's idiocy. Watch it while you can before youtube takes it down.

Really pleased for Everton and Gosling. Not so much for Derby, I'd rather have seen Forest/Utd than another Derby/Utd.

According to a couple of sites ITV's excuse for the cock up was due to ad breaks already scheduled for after the news was supposed to be on. How that explains the E-on football sponsor part just before the break I'm not sure.

< That's a video of ITV's idiocy. Watch it while you can before youtube takes it down.

Really pleased for Everton and Gosling. Not so much for Derby, I'd rather have seen Forest/Utd than another Derby/Utd.

That is hilarious. If I was an Everton fan I'd be so pissed off, especially with the commentators continously saying what a special goal it was.

IF you missed the goal? I'm guessing all watching on ITV missed the fucking goal.

As other people said, ITV is different region to region (or at least it used to be, LWT being the London variation), so yeah, not everyone would miss it. However, AJ's post does show me that it happened in more than one region, as I didn't get those adverts breaking up the game. I got part of a BT advert and a car advert down my way.

I'm glad I was at the pub and only saw the second half of extra time. But a big fuck you to ITV anyway.

Football fans were left bemused when ITV cut to an advert break moments before the winning goal in Everton's FA Cup fourth round replay against Liverpool.

Viewers had sat through 117 goalless minutes when Dan Gosling scored a dramatic late strike for Everton, three minutes before the end of extra time on Wednesday evening.

But a technical glitch in the live broadcast meant ITV was showing adverts for Tic Tacs, Action for Children and VW when the goal went in, and footage resumed with scenes of wild celebration at Goodison Park.

Teenage substitute Gosling secured the 1-0 win with a neat finish that beat Liverpool goalkeeper Jose Reina and deflected in off the far post. Everton will play Aston Villa in the fifth round.

Liverpool suffered further woe as captain Steven Gerrard limped off after a quarter of an hour suffering from a hamstring injury.

ITV presenter Steve Rider admitted that the goal "came at a bad time" and apologised three times to fans who had missed it.

The error was put down to a "technical problem with network transmission", and not all regions were hit.

While supporters in London and the South-East missed the goal, others in Liverpool said their viewing was unaffected. However, FA bosses are expected to demand a full enquiry into the debacle.

ITV and Setanta Sports paid £425 million in 2007 to share live FA Cup television rights in a four-year deal.

And watching that YouTube link, they really couldn't have timed that any worse if they tried. Bravo ITV, top notch as usual. :lol:

And yeah, the "goal came at a bad time". Clearly it's Dan Gosling's fault.