Hey remember....they were awesome!

YI

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oTBLw6N1yvw

First album was epic...2nd had some epic singles (like vid posted)...third was absolute shite. :(

Still, summer of 01...so many memories. "ANThology" will always have the 'soft spot' with like "All Killer No Filler", "Take Off Your Pants And Jacket". "American Hi-Fi" and "Land Of The Free?" etc. have...I mean take "Land Of The Free?" for example...it's really not a good album in comparison to Pennywise's stuff...but, I just love it, as I associate it with a time in my life...and it was the first Pennywise album I got as it was coming out.

Edited by YI

Smooth Criminal was their only song as far as I'm concerned. The video was cool.

I remember ages ago I had a big argument over who was cooler out of Alien Ant Farm, Papa Roach and OPM. Alien Ant Farm one. Despite me only actually knowing one of their songs. I pretended I knew more eh.

Hmm...summer 2001...what albums did I like?

Take Off Your Pants And Jacket, though looking back I realise it wasn't that good. Likewise for Sum 41. I used to think listening to Introduction To Destruction was cool. I now realise it wasn't. Fat Lip is still awesome though.

Um...Alien Ant Farm had that one song. I knew lots of people that liked Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit. I hated both. Though I pretended I didn't obviously as I was 10/11 years old and my one desire in life was to fit in.

OPM released Heaven is a Halfpipe early in 2001 I remember. And they became uncool about mid-late 2001. We all coincidentally stopped liking them about then. Funny that, eh?

Papa Roach was awesome in 2000 but became uncool in 2001. I remember in 2001 one of my friends got another friend a Papa Roach album for his birthday. Oh how we laughed.

Green Day also were uncool.

Nelly was good. Ride Wit Me.

Shaggy was cool. "Wasn't Me" was his only song. IT WAS.

Yeah...it was never actually about the music.

I've got such vivid memories of 2001 music. It seems so recent. Remember Bob the Builder got 2 top 10 singles or something?

I was such an idiot back then. At least I never watched Jackass. haha.

Edit: This has made me really miss all that music, regardless of whether it was actually good or not. I even miss the skateboarding. Even though I've never picked up a skateboard in my life.

Edited by metalman

When was that "Do you really like it? Is it, is it wicked?" released? Was that, that summer too. Just checked, yeah it was...now that was a fucking tune. 2001 was so awesome. :( I WANNA GO BACK!!! "Don't Stop Movin'" (Come on, it were an epic S Club tune), then that, then Shaggy as number 1's in a row...epic.

And that Nelly song was fucking awesome.

And a bad word cannot be said against "All Killer No Filler"...not a bad tune on the thing.

OPM were the first band I saw. :( They got my friend banned from a McDonalds...he was a knobhead anyway.

Edited by YI

When was that "Do you really like it? Is it, is it wicked?" released? Was that, that summer too. Just checked, yeah it was...now that was a fucking tune. 2001 was so awesome. :( I WANNA GO BACK!!! "Don't Stop Movin'" (Come on, it were an epic S Club tune), then that, then Shaggy as number 1's in a row...epic.

And that Nelly song was fucking awesome.

And a bad word cannot be said against "All Killer No Filler"...not a bad tune on the thing.

OPM were the first band I saw. :( They got my friend banned from a McDonalds...he was a knobhead anyway.

One of my friend's stole some of their equipment. :/

El Capitan was a great song >_>

2001 will always be special as it was the first year I really got into music. True, I ended up with Staind's Break the Cycle, but it wasn't as bad as some people make out. Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory was the first album I ever bought, even the pop music seemed more tolerable. That S Club song YI mentioned for example, is awesome. That is it wicked one was fucking awful though.

Say what you will about the rocks that she's got, she's still very much Jenny from the block.

Also, I can't believe Can't Get You Out Of My Head was so long ago. Although Afroman SCREAMS "2001" in every possible way.

Jennifer Lopez Love Don't Cost A Thing

What I love about that song is how true it is, considering the number of penniless boyfriends Jennifer Lopez has had.

I never got the line 'Even if you were broke, my love don't cost a thing.'

Well thanks love, but I thought at best it would be 'especially' not 'even.'