NFL 2009

livid

Oh, blah. We were pretty good about injuries last year, so hopefully our training/condition staff can keep Wells healthy.. Butler would have been a great pairing alongside DRC or as a complement to DRC/McFadden, but there really wasn't much else to go, what with Mack/Wood and Moreno/Brown long gone. Everette Brown could have been a possibly, but there's a reason he fell.

edit - lol, Lions. Again, nothing wrong with Louis Delmas at all, but.. you need to protect Stafford, unless you're fine with another Joey Harrington (and for $41 million guaranteed to boot!).

Edited by Mysterio2000X

I'm somewhat confused as to what the Pats are doing. I would've grabbed one of the big LB's left instead of grabbing a safety that quickly.

oohhh 79 for Maclin..96 speed..me likey..

I wish Detroit had New Englands understanding of DEFENSE WINS. I like how teams such as the Steelers and Pats already have good defenses, so what do they do? They continue to draft defense. That is why they are always part of the elite and why the Lions are fucking shit.

I'm pretty happy with New England's draft so far, but I'm still concerned about the lack of a LB. I hope they grab one with their last pick of the 2nd round. I'm really happy about the Ron Brace pick though, he's a hometown guy and can do a real good job combined with Vince Wilfolk

Love the 9ers taking Crabtree.Also love the trades that lands them a 2nd first rounder fox next year. LOL at the Raiders. Those were two insane picks even by Al Davis standards. Like the Jets trading up to get Sanchez...can they build an offense for him? Definitly think he's still there 7 years from now.

I watched pretty much Every Britt game at Rutgers and was sitting in the stands for all the home games..... the Giants should have taken him. This guy will be a #1 WR in the league. He can flat out play. He's A tough kid and will be a star in this league.

By the way....look for me in this week's Monday Morning QB column by Peter King....I am quoted in it.

There's only two things I can think about this draft (and unlike that vacuous fuck King, these are things I think rather than things I think I think, because I have a functional IQ that's higher than the room temperature) - Oher was a fucking steal and ({) Puke. Between Gaither, Grubbs and Oher our line's now fairly young, but in a position to improve and learn from Birk.

That said, leaving Sean Smith on the board for Paul Kruger I'm not certain about.

Edited by Vin Berard

lol Brian Pettigrew at 20.

Nothing wrong with Pettigrew at that spot. He's generally considered to be late 1st round talent, just.. the Lions didn't need him right then and there. Especially not with Oher still on the board.

And anybody notice how, despite not picking until near the end of each round, teams like the Giants, the Ravens, the Cardinals and the Patriots are all stick picking absolute quality players? Amazing. I can't believe Giants got Sintim. If he develops, that defense is really just going to be abso-fucking-lutely unfair (moreso than it is right now). >_>

edit - I forgot the Dolphins picked up Sean Smith in the 2nd round. Yeah, lets throw them into that list, too..

Edited by Mysterio2000X

Sweet Jesus the Cowboys drafted a Quarterback who won't be turned into another position player and wasn't busy playing baseball for the last season.

Yay, Rashad Johnson. He'll probably take over Aaron Francisco's spot, who is pretty bad in coverage and constantly gets beat deep. And I guess Whiz was serious when he said he liked Lyle Sendlein as a Center.. well, that and the fact that all the good-to-great centers have aleady been taken.