The England thread

• 2 months later...

James on for Robinson, good. About six months later than it should've happened, but still.

And Brown for Ferdinand, what's the point? Why not give Taylor a chance instead of Brown, who everyone knows is never going to be an England regular.

Edit: Hahaha, all the empty seats. What a joke.

Edited by therockbox

I dropped in and out of watching this match, maybe getting in half an hour total. Although I swear that for at least 40% of that time all I was seeing was Kieron Dyer fucking up. :shifty:

Edited by stokeriño

The final twenty minutes or so were promising, as were the opening twenty.

The big problem with England is that minus the shit manager, there's no flexibility in who's in the team. At full strength, we will always see Paul Robinson (*cough*CUNT*cough), Rio Ferdinand, John Terry, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard, David Beckham, Wayne Rooney and Michael Owen or Peter Crouch. Those men simply can't work well together as a team, therefore shouldn't be in the team at the same time. England need to be starting Micah Richards, Shaun Wright Phillips and Aaron Lennon a lot more and the results will come. They're able to create good chances all by themselves.

Another thing England has to stop doing is being so predictable. When stalling the pace totally by spelling the letter U with the ball using the back four followed by a long-ish pass doesn't work, why would it work any other time?