The England thread

Staurt Downing's horrible overrated in my opinion. I've never seen him do anything special. Bentley was pretty poor on Wednesday, he gave the ball away too many times whereas Beckham delivered well.

Why is it Lampard always plays poor for England. He's fantastic for Chelsea, but as soon as he puts an England shirt on, he goes to pieces. I've always rated Barry and I really hope he starts, Barry and Hargreves alongside each other in the middle would definitely be interesting.

I don't think Hargreaves and Barry in the middle would work unless you had a five man midfield, they're a similar type of player. I think you have to have Gerrard alongside one of those two.

And I think Stewart Downing is a solid left winger but he's not quite up to the standard of international just yet. Some of the stuff he does for Middlesbrough is great, we have at least 2 or 3, maybe 4 better options than him on the left at the moment though.

Jason Scotland and Dwight Yorke aren't playing.

Stern John I imagine will and both Carlos Edwards and Kenwyne Jones are there and will probably play.

And to be honest, I don't "bum" Kenwyne Jones that much. Usually it's my friends, one of whom is a Newcastle fan who absolutely loves him. But at the same time he's never going to be a goal scorer, what he can bring are flicks on and use his power and speed to get passed defenders and win the ball. Unfortunately they don't have statistic columns for them do they?

So, yeah, most of the people I come across that "bum" Kenwyne Jones are other teams fans who think he's absolutely phenomenal. I have no doubt he'll get better this year than last year, and to be fair I don't interact with a massive amount of Sunderland fans - but that's just how it is with me. It's the Man Utd fans I know by the millions who seem to love him.

In fairness Adebayor is one of the best strikers in the Premiership (if you don't count Ronaldo, behind only Torres and maybe a few more) and then therefore one of the best strikers in the World.

Jones plays for Sunderland.

Slight difference <_<

Give him a few years and he'll probably be at a big team fading into obscurity.

Edited by IAceI