AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

4 minutes ago, Benji said:
  Hide contents

That's literally what the entire second half of the season and all media has been building to. In no way is this death part of a new story, this story is already on going.

I like Kirkman but I think they made a mistake on this one. It's not "give up the show" bad, but it was a poor choice and they had to know it was only going to annoy people who they have spent the last year telling people on screen and off screen that Negan is coming and someone major is dying.

Spoiler

Which then, by all logic given the way he explained his decisions, means that they clearly didn't give a fuck about the "story" they were doing "this season" because they were pimping the "story" for "next season".

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Benji said:
  Hide contents

Shitty cliffhanger aside, I thought that was a fantastic episode.

Spoiler

That's whats so frustrating. I totally agree with you. The show just kept building and building and I was scared to death for the group. I could barely move or even blink during the Negan scene. The tension was so high and then I have to wait 7 months?!? It was like really good sex and when you are like 2 seconds from an orgasm your partner stands up and says "Well I'll see you in October then" and leaves. It's like yeah sure. I'll sleep with you again but you realize we have to start over right?

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Hans GruLLer said:

Exactly.

Hide contents

Apparently Robert Kirkman on Talking Dead said that not showing who died was because that's not what the season was about and then showing who died at the start of next season would be the start of a new story. AND THAT IS THE LAMEST FUCKING EXCUSE. TV shows set up a new story at the end of a season all the fucking time. THAT'S the best you can come up with to try and justify this cheap ploy? Fuck off.

Spoiler

It was Gimple that said that but point still taken.

I really liked the episode last night until the ending, like everyone else it seems. Really showed just how many and how organized The Saviors are. Truly shattered Rick's world thinking that they were the baddest and best group around because of all the shit they went through. 

I really didn't like the cliffhanger on first watch but after another viewing, I don't hate it as much. I really wanted to see who died and I think the shot of seeing whoever it was being cracked with Lucille would've been a great "Holy fuck!" -> roll credits moment.. I get why they did it. They want people to guess and are going to try to at least hide who it was but I doubt they'll be able to do that. I just really fucking hope that they didn't do it because they are killing off someone like Abraham or Eugene. I don't want to see a major character go but I feel like for Negan to really have an impact or matter, he needs to kill someone like Maggie, Glen or Daryl.

Ending really wasn't that bad. Whilst I would have preferred to know, I don't think it takes away from a great episode and an amazing closing scene.

You can see why they would want to hold it back too. Finding out who died is much more of a reason for average Joe Watcher to tune in next season than "X is dead, what now?"

I do hope it's one of the more major characters though. It does need that impact. Would be fine with Glenn, Daryl, Maggie, Michonne or, to a lesser extent, Abraham.

• Like 2

Spoiler

Genuinely think showing who died and ending it there would have been a more impactful finale. The cheap first-person, CGI blood splatter was so bad, it took me out of what should have been an awful moment (storywise) and made me annoyed, just as much as the not showing who died. 

I tend to think that the Glenn "death" earlier in the season was a way to swerve us for his actual death here. I like Abraham, I hope it isn't him. Daryl is Daryl so he should be around forever. Eugene is awesome, Sasha is harmless, I love Rosita and that only really leaves Maggie and Glenn, and killing Glenn and letting Maggie in her awful state deal with that horrific moment would work so well. Well, assuming they followed it through properly.

The series is still suffering from the "dumb as fuck" moments though, like, why did EVERYONE leave? Also there is no way in hell that Rick would feel comfortable leaving none of his inner circle behind on guard duty. Sure he says he trusts all of the Alexandrian's but that surely wouldn't be the case. If he had to choose between one of "his" group or one of the Alexandrian's, he'd pick one of his group every time, especially in this situation where he left his toddler DAUGHTER behind.

I dunno, overall it was really good but as is often the case with Walking Dead at the moment, still a lot of WTF moments.

Spoiler

I think that was a perfectly acceptable penultimate episode. But season finale? Fuck off. It's a cliffhanger for the sake of it.

I do expect it to end up being Glenn, but I'm with others. I'm not sure I'll care as much in 6 months time.

8 hours ago, Hans GruLLer said:

Go on...

Spoiler

I don't think the first person pov camera angles throughout the episode are just a coincidence. As you watch the episode, particularly the one before they are ushered out of the van, you notice that the view is someone who is sitting on the passenger side behind Darryl. That person was Michonne. 

Knowing that it is a cliff hanger, I've decided to hold off watching the last two episodes until the return of Walking Dead so I'm not so enraged spending all that time for nothing

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RPS said:

Hide contents

Knowing that it is a cliff hanger, I've decided to hold off watching the last two episodes until the return of Walking Dead so I'm not so enraged spending all that time for nothing

Smart.