AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

Welp,

Spoiler

I have no idea why I never considered that there would be a cliffhanger ending. Not a fan of it on this one, I think seeing who it was and waiting until season 7 would have more of an effect.

I thought the acting was great in that scene though. Rick looked like he legit shit his pants. He did a great job of showing he was all out of answers and wouldn't look at anybody.

Pros: Everything in the episode but....

Cons: NOT LETTING US KNOW WHO DIES COME ON YOU FUCKS

Such a good episode, I hope Not-Trevor sticks around, I like him. Negan? I hope he's a force for a LONG time. So well acted, so good, everythign was wonderful....but fuck. Showing us that SOMEONE (not Rick or Carl) is getting beat to death, not not WHO? That's lame. That takes away from it. I do not like that.

Edit: WAit.....Fear The Walking Dead is next week? Holy crap.

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

Was that Trevor from GTAV?!

Yea, that was Steven Oog (or Ogg, not sure) but yea, he wsa the voice and mocap for Trevor

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ruki said:

Was that Trevor from GTAV?!

I bet you missed him on season 1 of Better Call Saul too cause you're the worst!

Spoiler

Man. I fucking loved that scene at the end. The pacing was on point. Jeffery Dean Morgan did a fantastic job. The rest of the cast was doing a great job selling it all. But fuck the cliffhanger. Seriously. It's a cheap fucking ploy for no reason and pretty much sours what was probably the most tense filled scene in the show's history. What a joke.

I don't even want to say I'm pissed, I quit watching this show before for the exact same reason, they build up to a finale and then don't deliver it at all.  Cliffhangers are fine if you are going to see the results in a week or two, everyone will talk about it an eagerly await the next episode, but having to wait 5-6 months and it loses all impact.  It's one thing to give a big reveal or start the story arc, hell if they just ended the season when Negan stepped out of the RV it would be less annoying.

If the person Negan beat to death turns out to be Aaron then it's the best bad writing in the history of TV.  He was the odd man out when it came to important characters yet for whatever reason was part of the group.  I assumed he was just there to die before they were captured, but now I almost feel like they are going to go with the equivalent of "The crew of the USS Enterprise has been captured and one has been killed, find out who in six months..... its the Red Shirt, Ensign Jeffries who was also there for no reason."

• Like 1

If I hadn't already decided to drop the show two weeks ago, that would've done the trick. Good on Steven Ogg for getting maybe a recurring role next season, though.

• Like 1

Spoiler

I wouldn't hate it to be Darryl. I like his character and all, but it'd be a good change of pace, in my opinion, for the show. 

It can also be Carl, tbh; and I'm starting to warm up on the kid. 

My gut, though, tells me it may be Glen or Abraham. Though they cal kill Eugene just to get rid of him, that'd be great. 

It's not Carl, because he said if anyone moves to tear out his other eye and feed it to his father...implying that Rick and Carl are safe.

I can buy it being Glen (I really like him, but he's had a good run)...but I'd be pissed if it's Abraham. He hasn't really done anything yet :(

• Like 3

Spoiler

Saw some article where someone had slowed down the ending and you can here Glenn say "Mag-!" and then you can here what could be Maggie screaming. So, long story short, it's probably Glenn and that really sucks cause he's my favorite character. I had a long running joke with my brother where we would guess before the season starts which major character would die and I would always say Glenn; but only because I didn't want him to die and I was hoping for some reverse mojo kinda thing. Now I really think he's gone and it really really sucks.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Benji said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This.

They did a fantastic build towards SOMEONE being beat to death and Negan was shown to be genuinely scary as fuck but that cliffhanger took all of the impact out of it. No idea why I didn't consider the fake out.

• Like 3

Spoiler

You can't cliffhanger a death like that! They spend all that time building to it and then give us that!? 

By the time October rolls around I really won't give a damn who it is that died as I'll have probably forgotten the tension I felt leading into that final moment. 

Good to see that Morgan's trust was well placed and that there is a good group out there. Can't wait to see the Saviours get taken down.

Spoilers re: the ending. 

4 minutes ago, Benji said:
  Hide contents

Trouble is by that time we'll also know who has been on set or not. Same thing happened with Glen in midseason. It's a really silly and cheap move.

Exactly.

Spoiler

Apparently Robert Kirkman on Talking Dead said that not showing who died was because that's not what the season was about and then showing who died at the start of next season would be the start of a new story. AND THAT IS THE LAMEST FUCKING EXCUSE. TV shows set up a new story at the end of a season all the fucking time. THAT'S the best you can come up with to try and justify this cheap ploy? Fuck off.

• Like 3

Spoiler

That's literally what the entire second half of the season and all media has been building to. In no way is this death part of a new story, this story is already on going.

I like Kirkman but I think they made a mistake on this one. It's not "give up the show" bad, but it was a poor choice and they had to know it was only going to annoy people who they have spent the last year telling people on screen and off screen that Negan is coming and someone major is dying.

• Like 1