AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

Well that was a pretty good episode.

Spoiler

At the end I thought it was too good to be true...things can't go THAT well for them, haha. 

Also, was that really the first time that Glenn killed someone? And what the heck was Carol writing in her diary/journal?

And a surprising amount of swearing.

9 hours ago, Ruki said:

Well that was a pretty good episode.

Hidden Content

And a surprising amount of swearing.

I'd have to look at it again. Upon first watch I thought it was a kill count

3 minutes ago, TGWL said:

Hidden Content

Spoiler

Pretty sure that's exactly what it was, a kill count.

Thought the episode was really good and I like how Glenn "saved" Heath from having to kill a person since Glenn just did that himself, pretty good touch there.

People complaining that there was no build to Rick and Michonne hooking up? They've been building that forever... She had been hinted at as a mother figure to Carl as long back as when they first rediscovered Morgan and she stole that picture for him from the infested building. Plus, there was definite sexual tension between her and Rick before Jesse entered the picture

• Like 4

I didn't really like this week's episode. It made me very much long for a shorter season pick-up cause they just don't have enough material to fill out the episode quota. If the episode was broken down by what happened and how much the story progressed throughout, that fact is glaringly obvious.

6 hours ago, iDOL said:

People complaining that there was no build to Rick and Michonne hooking up? They've been building that forever... She had been hinted at as a mother figure to Carl as long back as when they first rediscovered Morgan and she stole that picture for him from the infested building. Plus, there was definite sexual tension between her and Rick before Jesse entered the picture

The mother figure stuff absolutely, but just because she's that to Carl doesn't mean she's got to be Rick's other half.

It just felt like it sort of came out of nowhere, which either means there's something I've missed, something happened in the time skip we're yet to see, or the writing just got lazy and decided to skip character development and interaction. That or it's the zombie apocalypse and people just want a a bit of love and tenderness between chopping zombie heads off and dealing with sociopaths. I'ma go with the latter as most likely.

Wait...

They're all Neegan? What the fuck? That doesn't sound right.

Also, the chick who was in charge, Paula (?) ,she was pretty cool. Lots of characters this season showing up and dying.

But Carol? I don't know. I think she's starting to crack. She can't go on for much longer, which is weird....because she was one of the more willful and strong characters just a season or two ago.

Also? Burning them alive. That was harsh.

Spoiler

Loved the episode, but I hated Carol telling Polly (I've read a few recaps that have her name Polly, not Paula) to run.  Why would you do this?  They let The Governor go and to not bother them, and he came back and killed a bunch of people.  They let the Terminus people go and to no bother them, and the Terminus people came back and tried to kill them.  It makes no sense to go "I'm gonna let you go.  Now you and your backup thats on the way don't go, regroup and try to come after us"

Oh, and with the whole "We're all Negan" thing...its probably something like decoys.  Tell everyone aside from Saviors that there is no single "Negan" and there is never one person to go after and kill

• Like 1

Man I could watch Carol play people for fools all day long. I really like the development she's had, and it'd obvious she saw a lot of herself in Paula, hence the (unwise) attempt at mercy.

But burning those guys alive was straight up cold. I am worried they're doing that thing they like to do where they build someone up and focus on them right before they're offer cos Carols awesome.

The "we are all Negan" thing felt to me like what Lint said, it's a group mentality thing to protect the real guy. Cos Jeffrey Dean Morgan has been cast *as* Negan, no?

Also, Maggie lost her baby then? It focused a lot on her belly being slashed but she didn't seem particularly slowed down much. I'm interested to see how the saviours will explain Ricks group as being the bad guys, after the girl took a blatant stab at a pregnant woman's belly >_>

29 minutes ago, Benji said:
  Hide contents

I mean, they literally murdered an entire compound. One murderer getting attacked like that in what could likely be assumed as them trying to fight back probably seems pretty insignificant in comparison :P

well yeah but they were violently extorting Jesus group for supplies and stuff as well remember.