AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

32 minutes ago, Lars Mulder said:

I already watched season 1 through 3 with very low expectations so that's no problem! And will Carl be not so annoying in later seasons? Hate that kid.

He will be not so annoying, yeah.

As for this week's episode:

Spoiler

I felt bad for Sam (wait, has The Walking Dead had two too-dumb/naive-to-live characters named Sam now?), even though he was useless. I didn't really want him on the show anymore, but he was fucked from the get-go (and Carol didn't help, GG CAROL). Jessie was whatever, and thank god Ron is off the show, he was the dirt worst.

More importantly, it hit all the beats from the comic version of this story's ending I wanted it to. Gabriel getting his shit together, everyone banding together, an actual sense of optimism. AND ROCKER LAUNCHERRRRRRRR.

• Like 2

Hyperbole incoming: 

That was the worst episode of Walking Dead. Worse than the guy blowing up the CDC. Terribly acted, the script was terrible and it actually seemed low budget at times. I hope my hubby doesn't request we watch the next episode because he thought it was just as bad. 

That was a little slower of an episode (especially compared to last week), but I didn't mind it.

Spoiler

The guy that Rick and Daryl found seems pretty cool. Hopefully he sticks around. It's a shame they weren't able to get the truck though, I feel like they need a win.

Other than that though, the rest of the episode kinda fell flat.

Also? Rick/Michonne? One of them are going to die at the end of the season. Because people can't be happy. And Carl saying 'it should be family, I'd do it for you' (in regards to killing walkers you know) is some kind of foreshadowing. 

Also, the song they played in the truck?

I dig it.

Yeah, I don't know what Jesus deal is but Rick/Michonne was a bit random. The shit with Carl in the woods was annoying especially after Rick finally seems to have gained a more positive outlook. What should we do today? Let's sit in a wooded area with low visibility and zombies roaming around, reading comics. Cos thats what kids do. Dumbass. Same as Ruki though, it's about time they got some stuff going their way.

Spoiler

I'm assuming there was a bit of a time jump from the Episode 9 to Episode 10 since they showed a framed picture of Carl and Judith with Carl having gauze over his eye in the picture. At least that's what I thought from the start of the episode especially with Michonne being in the house in "mom mode" in a towel asking for toothpaste. Also, they went from Carl on the bed recovering from his bullet wound to Carl being up and wandering around.

Ah I didn't see that, makes it less random but it still feels weird going from

an emotional breakdown over his girlfriend being torn apart to fucking Michonne in, to us, the space of one episode.

Spoiler

It was built up from the moment they sat on the sofa together. She was already telling me that there's been absolutely NOTHING between them before, and now that Rick's latest love interest is dead, it'd be stupid if they got together. Then it happened. It didn't really bother me.

What did annoy me slightly in the episode was the stupid decision making from Rick and Daryl. You'd think after finding such a huge haul of stuff, they'd head home and be sensible. Jesus on the roof was hilarious though. Love him already.