AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

I felt the ending fell a bit flat, but I actually liked the episode itself. It felt like the powder keg that had been burning away all season. I was annoyed at the people I was supposed to be annoyed at, we got some good moments, and I'm starting to dig characters who I honestly expected to be zombie chow already.

Thoughts on mid-season finale

Spoiler

I didn't hate the episode, but when the credits hit I did kind of echo GoGo's sentiments...there was so much rising action and it felt like it should've been another 15-30 minutes longer and ultimately the anti-climactic nature made it come off flat in the end. Sure, we have about as many cliff hangers as we've ever had in a mid-season finale that I can remember...but it just feels like nothing was accomplished, revealed, or learned. I guess I'm mostly just ticked off about having to wait til February to get the climax of what we just witnessed, but I guess that's what they wanted <_< But yes, the post-credits scene was awesome and almost made up for the treading water of the actual episode.

I wonder what happened to some of the other characters in that episode, like

Tobin (the guy with Rick when the tower fell). Like they were dragging him away somewhere before Deanna got attacked, then he just disappeared. He dead?

Also dreadlocks guy, is it Heath? Like he should be there right? Are we assuming that he just hid somewhere?

1 minute ago, Blurryface Cymbols said:

I wonder what happened to some of the other characters in that episode, like

Hidden Content

Yeah and...

Spoiler

There has been a serious lack of Aaron this season besides his episode with Maggie. 

7 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

I do think whatever comes from them spreading walker guts all over them and walking through the horde should have been shown at the end of this episode and not at the beginning of the next one. If what I know happens it would have left a lot of people talking, which is what they should be gunning for.

3 minutes ago, Benji said:

There's a bunch of guys with guns in the middle of the road, blockading it and clearly intending to do just what they did. Why would you not think to play knifey-spoony with an RPG?

They weren't Wolves, it was 

Negan

Which, leads to even more fuel to the fire that:

The Walking Dead may be saving Glenn's comic book death for Daryl. I swear if Daryl dies I will legit be crushed.

:(

Spoiler

I think there was some thought that the Wolves would be the Saviors, but since the Wolves didn't have guns and these folks did as well as no W's on their head, confirms that the Saviors are in fact something else. Though I remain uncertain if the group Daryl interacted with in the woods was suppose to be the Saviors as well.

So I watched the first episode with my husband and I'm somewhat confused.  Neither of us got why they were moving the walkers from the quarry. It wasn't made very clear to me why this was a good idea. Like I get that the quarry plan had issues, but it seems unbelievably stupid to move such a large group of walkers.

• Like 1