AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

They clearly have accelerant, because they were driving several vehicles in their plan of moving the zombies around. 

It is kind of humorous to defend the plan, considering what actually transpires on the show. There are so many x-factors in moving 1000+ zombies from one place to another. All it takes is one wrong thing for a good chunk of the zombies to get pulled off track, which is exactly what happened on the show. 

Maybe there was more thought placed into the plan, but we sure as hell did not see it on the show. It is hard for me to suspend my disbelief that this was the best solution for the group and the one that you immediately gravitate towards. Had they stretched this out over several episodes and showed the group actually thinking of other reasonable options that do not require a shit load of luck in moving that many zombies from point A to point B. 

This is always kind of the problem I've felt with the show - the pace of the show has been off after the first 1 or 2 seasons. The plot progresses way too quickly for me as a viewer. This plan to move the walkers should have been spread out over a few episodes, maybe even half a season. Instead, we get it all jam packed into one episode and things don't get time to breath so things appear half baked. I always felt that way about Woodbury and the Governor. Things just progressed so quickly and there are so many questionable plot elements and nothing is fleshed out. 

1 hour ago, RPS said:

They clearly have accelerant, because they were driving several vehicles in their plan of moving the zombies around. 

It is kind of humorous to defend the plan, considering what actually transpires on the show. There are so many x-factors in moving 1000+ zombies from one place to another. All it takes is one wrong thing for a good chunk of the zombies to get pulled off track, which is exactly what happened on the show. 

Maybe there was more thought placed into the plan, but we sure as hell did not see it on the show. It is hard for me to suspend my disbelief that this was the best solution for the group and the one that you immediately gravitate towards. Had they stretched this out over several episodes and showed the group actually thinking of other reasonable options that do not require a shit load of luck in moving that many zombies from point A to point B. 

This is always kind of the problem I've felt with the show - the pace of the show has been off after the first 1 or 2 seasons. The plot progresses way too quickly for me as a viewer. This plan to move the walkers should have been spread out over a few episodes, maybe even half a season. Instead, we get it all jam packed into one episode and things don't get time to breath so things appear half baked. I always felt that way about Woodbury and the Governor. Things just progressed so quickly and there are so many questionable plot elements and nothing is fleshed out. 

Why is it humorous when you consider that the plan would have gone fine if the Wolves hadn't shown up? Even despite the truck falling and having to start the plan a day early, the walkers were following the path they laid out perfectly. It wasn't until the horn blast that things went off track.

Because all it requires is one simple thing to go wrong for the whole thing to go off the rails and to lose control of the horde. They almost lost control of the horde twice. 

Rick's plan was bad (he would have gotten away with it if Aaron hadn't dropped his backpack, though). The alternate plans were also probably pretty bad. It was a whole mess of bad.

1 hour ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Rick's plan was bad (he would have gotten away with it if Aaron hadn't dropped his backpack, though). The alternate plans were also probably pretty bad. It was a whole mess of bad.

I just wished they explored this more on the show. Obviously as we've spent a page debating it... no solution is ideal, but it was basically one lone voice dissenting on hte plan chosen and quickly silenced and the plan goes ahead. #ricktatorship 

• 2 months later...

Mild spoilers, but io9 saw a preview of the premier and said This May Be the Season The Walking Dead Finally Goes Too Far

I didn't read it since they said it had spoilers

10 hours ago, Lint said:

Mild spoilers, but io9 saw a preview of the premier and said This May Be the Season The Walking Dead Finally Goes Too Far

I'm really scared that if this is what I think it is I won't be able to watch anymore and I really want to see Jeffery Dean Morgan chew some scenery :P 

My theory (possible spoiler for tomorrow)

Spoiler

The kid who was calling for his mommy. I forgot his name but he is going to be slowly torn apart and eaten while the other people have to just stand there and watch. That kid is annoying but that would still be just too much for me

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Lint said:

I didn't read it since they said it had spoilers

There isn't any specific spoiler. It just heavily alludes to a death being really terrible in the mid season premiere. And that the season finale may potentially have something worse. 

39 minutes ago, Ziggy Srardust said:

I'm really scared that if this is what I think it is I won't be able to watch anymore and I really want to see Jeffery Dean Morgan chew some scenery :P 

My theory (possible spoiler for tomorrow)

Hide contents

The kid who was calling for his mommy. I forgot his name but he is going to be slowly torn apart and eaten while the other people have to just stand there and watch. That kid is annoying but that would still be just too much for me

That kid is SO going to die. But woudl they actually show him being torn apart and screaming? Have they done anything like that before? The closest was when they shot the little girl.

Regarding that, one of the rumors is..

Spoiler

The kid's mother has her hand hacked off by Rick because she won't let go of him, and he gets eaten as a result. 

Take it for what you will, it's just a rumor right now anyway.

Spoiler

....did they just kill Neegan in the exact scene that he showed up in? Because if so, that seems a bit silly (since I've heard that he is a pretty big villain....and from what I saw he was awesome). Fuck you, Daryl!

Edit: Just read from a review that apparently it wasn't Negan. So that's something, I guess. But you know what else is something? Killing a character who seemed really interesting and fun. 

But the kid getting eaten...that should have happened a lot sooner. Little bastard, making Carl lose his eye! :@

Good episode though! Very intense.