AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

I liked it okay, I just had nothing to say about it really beyond "wow, it's weird seeing Keisha Castle-Hughes in this episode and remembering that that's an Oscar nominee in a part that tiny."

• Like 1

What I enjoyed most about it is was how it was Beth with all new people. It was a bit jarring to realize it was a new location and a nearly all new cast for one episode. And it really displayed just how much growth there has been to Beth's character.

And GoGo... Keisha's Oscar nomination was 12 years ago, and I'm sure she was happy to be seen on a very popular show. And get to turn into a 'roamer'!

I was very sad about this episode. At first i was "wow, something new, i care about... spoilers"

"...why Atlanta all of the sudden is back in the mix, what it will mean for the group and how they will move on the in story map now." and even before the start credits roled i was like "oh shit, i know were this is going...".

"We are the bad guys, hint hint, no shades of grey here, need some more hints on that we are the bad guys viewer? Here are some more. Booooooooooring.

To be fair i kinda was surprised Beth did not get away and this is more than a "bad guy of the week" thing. But considering how that place works out with all of them clearly extra super mega dark side bad cops TM.... i just don´t care about that story at all. And since Beth is the only ongoing character there she is in no danger at all... if there is anything you could guess about it´s who she will take with her when she eventually starts to look for her old group and escapes. Right now i guess they all will die, Doctor got a few bonus points but you know how things are.

I am also a bit confused about the location, i know i am overthinking but i just would not have guessed that people that stayed in a big cty are all dead. Meanwhile these are living in the middle of millions of zombies, use gunfire and cares to drive far outside to pick people up (wast of gas ftw) to move around.

You could structure a story around this like "all the zombies left the big citys, thats the herds running around" and maybe even return to atlanta for half a Season (not certain if thats a good idea)

I'm sorry, but if you think that episode was as cut and dry as, "cops =bad", then you are really missing the themes of the episode

I thought it did a great job of showing how far Beth has come, and seeing the contrasts (and similarities) between the hospital group and "our" group, through her eyes, really emphasised that.

I kind of liked that even after all that time there are still people trying desperately to hold on to a little bit of civilization in the hope of eventual salvation(whether it be by rescue or the situation just solving itself somehow).

I'd have probably gone mad sticking in the one place for that long and feared eventual death unless I kept moving.

Am I a bad person for wanting all of this to dreams Rick is having in a coma after he got shot? Like, have everybody he's met are staff workers or patients at the hospital and have something like every time somebody dies is because they were a patient who died because of natural causes. I honestly can't think of a real great ending for this show (if everything gets fixed at the end, everybody will be pissed. If it just ends where the post-apocalypse is just the new normal, that'd be boring). I have a feeling that if AMC just keeps putting these MacGuffins in to keep moving the story to different settings, it will start to get a boring after a few years.

So why not do the St. Elsewhere ending and make it memorable?

Am I a bad person for wanting all of this to dreams Rick is having in a coma after he got shot? Like, have everybody he's met are staff workers or patients at the hospital and have something like every time somebody dies is because they were a patient who died because of natural causes. I honestly can't think of a real great ending for this show (if everything gets fixed at the end, everybody will be pissed. If it just ends where the post-apocalypse is just the new normal, that'd be boring). I have a feeling that if AMC just keeps putting these MacGuffins in to keep moving the story to different settings, it will start to get a boring after a few years.

So why not do the St. Elsewhere ending and make it memorable?

why yes other people do read Uproxx, Virginia

And you think people won't be pissed off at "it was all a dream" ending to the biggest tv show today?

I'm under no illusions that people wouldnt get pissed off. But I'm finding myself not personally invested in the story and how everybody ends up, but just how the characters evolve.

Who were the people with Abraham? Had alot of stuff going on here and couldn't pay full attention

Who were the people with Abraham? Had alot of stuff going on here and couldn't pay full attention

You mean his wife and kids? Or the guy he killed with a soup can? If you mean the guy that was a neighbor who was traveling with them but in the comics Abraham caught him raping his family

.....oh shit.