AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

I've just started watching this (yeah I know I'm late) and thought I'd try to catch up this thread one season at a time. This is why some people got plus ones on four year old posts :shifty:

I really liked season one. Rick is awesome, Darryl is awesome, I can't decide if Shane is awesome or loathsome. I haven't read the comics so I don't have any real expectations like some of you guys. I thought the first season was pretty dammed good. I don't know if spoiler tags are still needed but there's no harm.

I really like the slow build on the Merle and Morgan (?) stuff. I know a lot of you guys were pissed off they weren't brought back up but I like the way it feels like there's a much bigger world still to come. Obviously you guys know more than me but still

:shifty:

My favourite parts were the bit in the tank in the first episode, the attack on the camp and strangely the first time Rick is brought there. For all the zombie stuff it was actually pretty tense to see him reunited with his kid and how it would upset the Shane/Lori dynamic. I wasn't that fussed on the CDC stuff, I was worried it would veer into resident evil territory for a while but thankfully it was ok. They could have spent longer there but I suppose it did what it had to. I found it a bit odd they were so emphatic on it being a one time option stay and die with dignity or leave and nd be torn to pieces. Cos I mean, they could shoot themselves at anytime in the outside world. It's not like this was the one and only time and place.

I watched the first episode of season 2 and the herd of walkers was fantastically done. I was less impressed with the one attacking Andrea in the rv, it was a bit cliché and stuff but oh well. Didn't expect Carl to be shot at the end but I know he still survives due to that damn meme. I can't really find much interest in the missing girl, it seems too much like they needed something to do but eh.

I dont find t-dogg as boring as his name would make you think and i find Dale and Darryl much more interesting. I've heard season 2 is a lot slower and not as good but I'm still excited to get to each episode so that's good.

I'm enjoying it this far and look forward to giving more years-too-late plus ones once I've finished season 2 :shifty:

• Like 7

So I really, really enjoyed the latest episode.

Poor Abraham

:( Think we all knew that Eugene wasn't a scientist but I loved how you go from feeling sorry for him, to being pissed at him, to him almost redeeming himself when you see he inadvertently stopped Abraham committing suicide.

Also thought the dialogue throughout was really good. Will be interesting to see where this group go from here. Another great episode - though another week of waiting to find out what happens to Beth and Carol!

I'm watching two episodes ago when Beth wakes up. Seeing the officers made me wonder something. Does Rick still have his badge or do you think that got lost a while back?

Who were the people with Abraham? Had alot of stuff going on here and couldn't pay full attention

You mean his wife and kids? Or the guy he killed with a soup can? If you mean the guy that was a neighbor who was traveling with them but in the comics Abraham caught him raping his family

This post is about your question Nerf

Why did his family leave him though and tell him not to try and find them?

Because he beat a man to death in front of them and they were terrified? I feel like that's a natural reaction.

Yes that's why. I still feel like if it were me I would have stayed. But I can't fault her for having that reaction

Why did his family leave him though and tell him not to try and find them?

Because he beat a man to death in front of them and they were terrified? I feel like that's a natural reaction.

Yes that's why. I still feel like if it were me I would have stayed. But I can't fault her for having that reaction

Especially that early into the outbreak. She wouldn't have had the chance to get accustomed to all the violence.

• 2 weeks later...

They're moving the show to be in line with the comics. Beth is long gone at this point in the book so she goes. Wouldn't shock me if Daryl bites it soon.

They're moving the show to be in line with the comics. Beth is long gone at this point in the book so she goes. Wouldn't shock me if Daryl bites it soon.

Really? Norman Reedus is the "breakout" star of the show so to speak. He's usually the one you see on TV promoting the show and Daryl has a huge fan following. Killing Daryl would be a huge mistake for the show IMO

• Like 2

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETH!!!!

:crying::crying:

In part I saw it coming in a way, but it still dissapoints me greatly. They tease Beth escaping for so long, and then she just bites it... Very heartbreaking, and dissapointing. It feels like there hasn't been any change at all. 4-5 episodes of ''wasting time'' to kill off Beth.

But I am glad that she starred, and that she finally had the development she deserved. She was overlooked since she debuted, so I guess it's a good way to truly showcase her... And then in true TWD fashion kill her off.

Also, I expected more people to leave Slabtown aside from Noah. Especially the Doctor guy, who for most of the arc made it clear he was going to get abandoned if they find another doc.

And finally, the opening of the episode was heavy in it's own right. It just shows how much Rick has gone from being the doormat of the group, to being an absolute ruthless leader who isn't afraid of hitting someone with a car and then capping him in cold blood... Last season he bit someones throat out, this season he kills someone in cold blood. And through the entire arc it's felt more and more that Rick's group are starting to become more and more like the ruthless bandits they face.

Now if Daryl ever dies, I'm gonna be pissed off! <_<