AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

22 hours ago, Lint said:

Wait, when did that happen?  Must've missed it

Daryl was telling Rick how Glenn saved his ass and the reason he found Lori and Carl, and then added "and you sure a fuck wouldn't have found any of us." Apparently they're allowed to drop fuck twice over the entire season. 

Edited by TGWL

Spoiler

HE DIDNT EVEN DIE

WHAT THE FUCK

MIGHT AS WELL HAVE SHANE MCMAHON CURE THE ZOMBIES NOW

EDIT

Spoiler

HOLY SHIT LIL ASSKICKER IS ALL GROWN UP

JUDITH AS THE MAIN CHARACTER? SURE WHY NOT!

1 hour ago, OctoberRaven said:
  Reveal hidden contents

EDIT

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

He didn't die because they are making movies now with Rick as the main character. It's not like a bait and switch or anything they just said it's his last TV episode which is true

20 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm surprised they're doing movies.... the show is getting the worst ratings since season 1.

10 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

In my opinion that's why they are doing it. The idea of movies showing more of the world and hopefully a different side of things other than random survivor camps interests me but this is a total last gasp thing. They are going to milk every last dollar out of this before the bottom completely drops out

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:
  Hide contents

In my opinion that's why they are doing it. The idea of movies showing more of the world and hopefully a different side of things other than random survivor camps interests me but this is a total last gasp thing. They are going to milk every last dollar out of this before the bottom completely drops out

That's fair!

Watching the episode now. I'm not sure if I want to keep watching after, since I don't really care about any of the characters left?

Huh.

The preview for the next 3 episodes actually looks kinda good. The jump forward + new character designs looks like cool. And the walkers evolving? That seems like an interesting premise

I guess I'm not out like I thought I was.

• Like 1

Spoiler

How is saying "Rick Grimes' Final Episode" followed by him reliving his life not supposed to make us believe he was going to die? Come on.

But at least we now have Judith Grimes, Worlds Most Adorable Zombie-Killing Sheriff.

4 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

So basically you're mad they fooled us then?

6 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:
  Hide contents

So basically you're mad they fooled us then?

Spoiler

It was very Russo in execution.

But nah not even mad anymore cause THE ADVENTURES OF LIL ASSKICKER~!

15 minutes ago, OctoberRaven said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I completely agree with you on the execution. I mean I was sure he was dead. The way he just happened to wash up right by Jadis was silly but I'm glad it's not the end of the character. On an unrelated note I cried when the Hershel scene came up. For some reason I didn't even think it was possible he would be in it.

That was fucking excellent!!!

Spoiler

One of my favourite episodes, that. Happy he survived, then when we saw the new group (including Dan Fogler who I've enjoyed in Fantastic Beasts etc.) and Judith arriving at the end for a time jump of what, 7 or 8 years? Awesome stuff. Didn't see that coming at all.

I'm really not too sure about the movie thing, no idea how we'll it'll do generally but for me I'm not that bothered about going to see it in a cinema, and I'm someone who's stuck with it from the start. Just feels like they'd have to do something massive to differentiate it from the TV show to make me want to spend money on it, the divide between TV and cinema is so narrow these days in terms of budget and feel. 

26 minutes ago, Colly said:

Ah right. So not massively different to those occasional extra long episodes. 

Pretty much. Just milking the series and continuing the Rick Story. 

Edited by TGWL

Spoiler

"And look how well it turned out for you"

Judith just handed Negan his biggest L since the end of Total War.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

Was it good/enjoyable?

It started off with a 6 minute monologue from Michonne to Rick that was basically

Everything sucks, which I kinda hated since in the, I guess, 8 years since Ricks "death", they seem to be doing pretty well

But the way they are introducing The Whisperers seems to be legitimately scary.  They are doing a good job so far of teasing them and making them seem like they'd be a frightening  enemy.  But the Saviors seemed like a big deal at first too, so who knows