AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

Lauren Cohan is still in limbo too, so this doesn't really bode well for my interest in the show. Daryl hasn't been interesting in about four seasons, and certainly isn't interesting enough to carry my interest in the show. I almost feel like the only way I'd keep watching is if Negan had some massive redemption story and became the main character.

• Like 1

I read one report that suggested that Lincoln may not be leaving, but that the show might move in a different direction. IIRC he's contracted to approximately half of the episodes for the next season, as is Lauren Cohen. I mean, you could write them both out around the mid-season finale... or you could simply write the season in such a way as to only have them appear in every second episode etc. 

• 2 months later...

Watching the Season 9 Preview Season and they have confirmed that Andrew Lincoln is leaving after Season 9.

In my opinion, there is no main character. Just like Lost, it has an ensemble of characters that are mostly of equal imporgance.

I will be watching.

• Like 1

Fuck that. Make Eugene the main character and turn it into a quest to find vintage video games.

"We have to go back! I'm not leaving that Nintendo World Championship cartridge behind!"

"That's going to be a negative Darryl.  See, I have it on good authority that, in that warehouse right there, is a pre-Nintendo branded Stadium Events and Power Pad"

I mean I've been wanting Rick to bite it since Season 3 if I'm being honest, so losing him is not a huge deal for me. I'd love to see Lauren Cohen stay on and become a main focus on the show (comic book Maggie is a pretty important character in terms of leadership). Though I think Negan become a central character / heroic guy would be great; he's been an interesting part of the cast. 

I still have to catch up; haven't seen anything past the mid-season finale yet.... but yea, I can't say losing Rick will make me abandon the show. 

I was hoping Negan would get what he deserved unlike in the comics and when they took responsibilty for Abraham's death off of Dwight and onto Negan in addition to keeping him still ending Glenn, I thought it was the shows way of keeping Dwight's hands clean and making it easier for a tv audience to accept him as a good guy later on and setting Negan up for a satisfyingly brutal death later down the line now that he was directly responsible for 2 major character deaths.

It might help admittedly if I'd not stopped watching a few seasons ago and seen any progress Negan may have made as a person/character but especially if Andrew leaves I guess they'll be keeping everyone else they can and I won't get that satisfying end I craved. :(

• 2 weeks later...

My initial reaction was "I'm done with this show.", but i've been disappointed in the last couple of seasons and I still come back. I'm sure I'll still watch after Rick Leaves.   I think the show has probably gone on a little too long and dragged out a lot of events. 

I'm not really a fan of the on screen character for Maggie. I don't have hopes of of them turning her into a lead character. 

Edited by TGWL

It still kind of baffles me that T-Dog survived  as long as he did  with so little attention paid to him and with even less character development given to him.

Then they kill him off and Merle later briefly rejoins the group in the very same season . If there was any reason  to keep a character alive for as long as they did with T-Dog with obviously so little care shown for the character, it surely should have been to see Merle & T-Dog on-screen together again for  the first time since season one considering  what happened with them back then(racism/dropped keys). 

• 1 month later...

Real shame. Show took a massive dip in quality once Herschel was killed off. Most talented actor on the show by an absolute mile.

• Like 1

Ugh Hardwick is still doing the aftershow

Slow episode so far, it's a worldbuilder. Only problem so far with it for me is

Spoiler

This has to have been some time passed, what with the infrastructure being set up and Lil Asskicker growing up. So why is Superherd still something they're just kind of waiting on? Kind of undercuts the threat, doesn't it?

I thought it was decent. I had forgotten how much I hated the end of last season though with the whole secret group nonsense. Also

Spoiler

Is Gregory dead? Like I think he is but it seemed a slight bit ambiguous since she said cut him down so quick like maybe it was just to scare people or something? Nah I mean I'm pretty sure he is dead but just wanted to confirm it

1 hour ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I thought it was decent. I had forgotten how much I hated the end of last season though with the whole secret group nonsense. Also

Hide contents

Is Gregory dead? Like I think he is but it seemed a slight bit ambiguous since she said cut him down so quick like maybe it was just to scare people or something? Nah I mean I'm pretty sure he is dead but just wanted to confirm it

Oh yeah, it was decent. Just a bit surprised that they opened with a worldbuilder.

Re your spoiler

Spoiler

Nah, he dead. Hanging's meant to break the neck, and no way was she going to let him live after that. He had it coming for a long time now, so much that it barely qualifies as a major moment and more underscoring the issues in the post-Negan society.

Spoiler

Eugene is just the best. I hope he never dies.