AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

More action this week!

Spoiler

And we see THE HELICOPTER

I honestly don't even remember where I stopped watching now. I feel as though the show started to drag and it was formulaic as in they find other survivors that turn out to be hostile, rinse and repeat. Granted it's difficult to do much else in this sort of universe but still.

It's needed an end game for so long but it's too late for a big chunk of the original fan base now. A perfect example of how to take a great concept and idea and run it straight into the ground. 

• Like 1

Eh, I like it, you just need to accept that it's not really a zombie story so much as a frontier story with zombies in it.

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

Apparently people care less about the show. Pulling in the lowest ratings since season 1. And honestly I'm with them... It's becoming a chore to watch.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it a chore for me personally but even though there are sections I still like I feel like I am just sticking around to see how they end things for Rick Grimes now

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I wouldn't go so far as to call it a chore for me personally but even though there are sections I still like I feel like I am just sticking around to see how they end things for Rick Grimes now

That's how I feel.

I don't even care about that, I watch this for Eugene.

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

Holy shit, that's how he dies? Should have been more random and incidental IMO but well, at least he didn't just get bit.

2 hours ago, ORO As Anya As A Bunny said:
  Hide contents

Holy shit, that's how he dies? Should have been more random and incidental IMO but well, at least he didn't just get bit.

There's no way that's how Rick dies. A cliffhanger for next week to get people to tune in, and then next week, magically, he will be saved. He's going to die in the season finale for sure.

7 hours ago, Ruki said:

Hide contents

There's no way that's how Rick dies. A cliffhanger for next week to get people to tune in, and then next week, magically, he will be saved. He's going to die in the season finale for sure.

Spoiler

Only next week is billed as the last Rick Grimes episode.

What I see happening

There's no way anybody realistically saves him in that spot with the walkers that close. 

A) He suddenly gets gains consciousness and pulls himself off and onto the horse very quickly.  But they were pretty damn close to him.  (Dies later in episode.)

B) The chopper is spotted and the noises draws attention to the Walters, buying Rick time to get on the horse. (Still dying later in the episode)

C) This is the end for him. This is where he dies. Everything is a flash back, including getting back up on that horse.  Daryl circles back, but there's nothing he can do.   Maybe he kills Rick before the walkers can do it after Rick tells him how they need to change, etc.  Rick gets eaten.     

- Maggie and Michonne have a confrontation in front of Negan with Darly walking in crying, announcing Rick's dead. 

Edited by TGWL

Spoiler

I wish they hadn't shown him riding away in the preview for next week. If he has to die it shouldn't be spectacular. It should be something random and boring. Rick should die like Batman. Batman always says "one of these days one of these punks will get a lucky shot in". Rick is too good to go down face to face. It should be random bad luck

• Like 2

12 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:
  Hide contents

I wish they hadn't shown him riding away in the preview for next week. If he has to die it shouldn't be spectacular. It should be something random and boring. Rick should die like Batman. Batman always says "one of these days one of these punks will get a lucky shot in". Rick is too good to go down face to face. It should be random bad luck

In fairness, getting thrown off a horse and impaled by the only 2 metal rods around is pretty random when you consider all the crap he's been through.    I would have liked to see something else, though, and I agree about the preview.  But I'm not sure if that's going to be a hallucination to throw us off or if he'll really get back on that horse.

He just wanted to be sure he beat John Cleese in being the first person in the zombie apocalypse to say fuck.

8 hours ago, Baddar said:

Quite liked that episode.

Hide contents

Glad they're having Rick die nice and early in the season. Pointless delaying the inevitable tbh. There's no shock value. 

Daryl using the first F-bomb in the 9 season history was a surprise!

Wait, when did that happen?  Must've missed it