AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

4 hours ago, Lint said:

I'm glad they are finally killing off long standing characters, but does it have to be all the good ones? Daryl and Carol have done little of note for several seasons, meanwhile Carl had way more potential, Glenn was a favourite (though entirely reasonable kill considering it's in-line with the books and was gutting) and Maggie is a wonderful character with a shit-ton of nuance and interesting relationships.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2018 at 06:13, Benji said:

I'm glad they are finally killing off long standing characters, but does it have to be all the good ones? Daryl and Carol have done little of note for several seasons, meanwhile Carl had way more potential, Glenn was a favourite (though entirely reasonable kill considering it's in-line with the books and was gutting) and Maggie is a wonderful character with a shit-ton of nuance and interesting relationships.

I disagree on Carol doing little of note. You are right on with the rest though. Maggie is one of the last characters I care about. They could maybe ya know not kill her too? She could run hilltop and just not be featured on the show for a while

• Like 2

10 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I disagree on Carol doing little of note. You are right on with the rest though. Maggie is one of the last characters I care about. They could maybe ya know not kill her too? She could run hilltop and just not be featured on the show for a while

Carol's kind of been doing stuff but it's more to move pieces than anything to do with her. It's annoying to me because she had such amazing character development, then they got cold feet on her/Daryl's relationship and since then they've both sort of been floating plot devices.

I hope Maggie doesn't get killed, but I'm not confident. They're hitting their ninth season next year, and the costs will keep going up unless they make cutting measures, and they're also competing with dropping ratings. Basically means dropping older (and more expensive) people and bringing in new blood, which in an ensemble cast isn't the worst thing. I hope you're right and she just makes limited appearances, but they already do that with a lot of folks on the cast including Maggie.

On 2/26/2018 at 19:06, arwrestling said:

That episode though.... man..... tough final few scenes. 

Last weeks episode spoiler

Spoiler

Last weeks episode was terrible.  He would've been long dead if he were a different character.  Has had plot armor as thick as a battleship.  Last weeks episode just made it feel like the last ditch attempt to make him feel like a "major character" when he's been anything but

This weeks episode..

So after his speech to Rick...Negan is basically the good guy now, right?  He was 100% correct in what he was saying

• Like 2

GGYAAAHHHHHH!! Ok Walking Dead....sure...its no longer bites or scratches from zombies that turn you, but getting their blood in you. Ok...fine, what the fuck ever.

I totally believe that not once in the, what, 8 years, this show has been on (or however long its been in show time), no one has ever gotten zombie blood in their mouth, or eyes, or nose or in the many, many, MANY cuts, scratches, and scrapes they all have..

This show has gotten beyond stupid. I'll finish this season out because I started it, but unless it gets INSANELY better, I'm fucking done with it.

Also....

Tara "You can't just switch sides"

YOU FUCKING SWITCHED SIDES!

• Like 1

On 3/12/2018 at 06:02, Lint said:

Hide contents

GGYAAAHHHHHH!! Ok Walking Dead....sure...its no longer bites or scratches from zombies that turn you, but getting their blood in you. Ok...fine, what the fuck ever.

I totally believe that not once in the, what, 8 years, this show has been on (or however long its been in show time), no one has ever gotten zombie blood in their mouth, or eyes, or nose or in the many, many, MANY cuts, scratches, and scrapes they all have..

This show has gotten beyond stupid. I'll finish this season out because I started it, but unless it gets INSANELY better, I'm fucking done with it.

Spoiler

I could have swore that they have done, maybe only two or three times, relatively early on.

Haven't watched episode 12 yet, but on last weeks...

Spoiler

Yeah. Not sure how to feel on that one either. You can spread walker blood over your entire body, which as pointed out has cuts and scratches on it, just to blend in, but now their blood is enough to turn you?

Unless this is just a method Negan tries and fails with...

This weeks episode

Spoiler

For fuck sake, Rick, how about next time you don't waste all your ammo shooting a car, and certainly don't take out the magazine clip while Negan is running into the building, especially when you had a handgun.  Oh, and maybe next time don't swing Lucille like you're trying to knock the ball out of the park, while you miss everything. 

Edited by TGWL
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TGWL said:

This weeks episode

Hide contents

For fuck sake, Rick, how about next time you don't waste all your ammo shooting a car, and certainly don't take out the magazine clip while Negan is running into the building, especially when you had a handgun.  Oh, and maybe next time don't swing Lucille like you're trying to knock the ball out of the park, while you miss everything. 

Spoiler

At first, I thought he was just shooting wildly to draw all the walkers out and try to swarm Negan and thought that was bad ass.. but yeah, then it just turned out to be typical ammo wasting.