General Television Thread

Hellfire

I meant to catch Covert Affairs, but I forgot to DVR it. Oh well. New White Collar, Psych, Burn Notice, Royal Pains - all this week, so I'm content.

Like I say, it's okay, nothing amazingly new, but worth a watch if you've got an hour to kill.

I am saddened by the fact that we still haven't got an airdate on The Cape. I cannot wait for that show, I need my Summer Glau fix. Plus Vinnie Jones. wub.gif

Yeah, Covert Affairs wasn't bad but it wasn't amazing by any means, either. I didn't really find anything wrong with it, it just doesn't live up to the bar set by the USA shows. The blind guy is definitely the best part of the show, though. But yes, Piper Perabo is hot.

Watching Prison Break through again. God the bits outside of prison are boring in the first series. The show like grinds to a halt whenever it has anything to do with the lawyer woman. Not enough John Abruzzi though. Not anywhere near enough.

Yeah, Covert Affairs wasn't bad but it wasn't amazing by any means, either. I didn't really find anything wrong with it, it just doesn't live up to the bar set by the USA shows. The blind guy is definitely the best part of the show, though. But yes, Piper Perabo is hot.

Totally agreed on all points. It was enjoyable enough but its a step below the others right now. Its only one episode in though, so I'm going to give it a chance. Speaking of USA shows, is Monk worth watching?

Alias bored me to tears from the get go. This didn't really. Might want to get used to it Zero, seeing as JJ Abrams is pretty much rebooting it and combining it with Mr. And Mrs. Smith for his next show.

Plus, Peter Gallagher. smile.gif

Alias is a glorious show. That thing was pretty much fantastic. Like all series, it did have a short dip in quality, but I loved that show. David Anders being the constant highlight.

Like I say, it's okay, nothing amazingly new, but worth a watch if you've got an hour to kill.

I am saddened by the fact that we still haven't got an airdate on The Cape. I cannot wait for that show, I need my Summer Glau fix. Plus Vinnie Jones. wub.gif

Hells to the yeah. The Cape was the one show that really caught my eye.

I just finished watching The League. I have no knowledge of football whatsoever, but it was pretty funny nonetheless. I also watched the first episodes of Reaper. Seriously, how awesome is that show :wub:?

I've been watchin' these shows called The A-Team and Batman. Good stuff, and I think both shows are goin' places.

Seriously, if you live in the Chicago area, there's a local independent station that shows a two hour block of those shows every weekday. I've been a straight-up A-Team mark for years and I've always liked Batman, but re-watching episodes of Batman all these years later has given me a whole new appreciation for that show.

Yeah, it was weird seeing Jonathan Kent as a bad guy though. :shifty:

The preview for next week's looks awesome as it looks like Eliot and Hardison are going to spend the majority of the episode together and they're moments together are always hilarious.

Starz is a premium cable channel like HBO or Showtime that just recently started their own scripted shows. Spartacus: Blood and Sand and Party Down (which has now been canceled) are probably their most known shows.

FlashFoward seems like a bit of an odd choice for canceled shows to bring back though.

I just finished watching The League. I have no knowledge of football whatsoever, but it was pretty funny nonetheless. I also watched the first episodes of Reaper. Seriously, how awesome is that show :wub:?

Started on this show after you mentioned it here, MAN, The League is great.

I would love to see Flash Forward picked up. The last five or six episodes are fantastic quality and it made for really, really fun television. I would love to see it brought back for something like a 12 episode run, because 22 episodes was just too much.

"Gus, come on, it's 2008..."

"It's 2010 Shaun."

"Heh. Nice try. That would mean we're at war with the Machines."

:lol: God damn, I love Psych.

Yeah, last night's episode was fantastic. I loved it when Shawn and Juliet are about to talk to the assistant and Juliet's talking about a warrant and Shawn says "Jules, don't be Canada".

Also, the second episode of Covert Affairs was a lot better than the pilot.