General Television Thread

Hellfire

I watched the first two episodes yesterday, thought I'd give it a chance. I thought the first series was alright, second was pretty shit, the few episodes of the third I saw were god awful and I didn't bother with the fourth. This cast seem... ok, certainly better than the second gen but I wish they'd just choose a group of mates instead of 'how many compleate opposites can we pair up this time?' I'll keep watching for now, but I'm liable to stop if Mimi's accent doesn't get any better. Worst Bristolian accent ever!

Any UK'ers watched Charlie Brooker's new Tuesday show How TV ruined your life? It's bloody excellent, it's essentially newswipe/screenwipe but with themed episodes. Tis excellent.

Barring that fucking awful fake comedy show within it that was meant to be a parody of fake comedy shows and instead just ended up painful to watch, that show is glorious.

I watched the first two episodes yesterday, thought I'd give it a chance. I thought the first series was alright, second was pretty shit, the few episodes of the third I saw were god awful and I didn't bother with the fourth. This cast seem... ok, certainly better than the second gen but I wish they'd just choose a group of mates instead of 'how many compleate opposites can we pair up this time?' I'll keep watching for now, but I'm liable to stop if Mimi's accent doesn't get any better. Worst Bristolian accent ever!

Shit, I loved the second series of Skins. Not that I can think of anything to back up that claim other than "Cassie, mmmmmm Cassie," but still, I seem to remember liking it even when she was off in Scotland and we barely saw her. Series three, however? Couldn't watch more than three episodes, never got into it.

Any UK'ers watched Charlie Brooker's new Tuesday show How TV ruined your life? It's bloody excellent, it's essentially newswipe/screenwipe but with themed episodes. Tis excellent.

Eh. Not really as entertaining as Newswipe/Screenwipe was. I've only watched the first episode, but I can't say I'm too interested in watching any more right now.

Series 5 of Skins started last week (ep 2 tonight, E4) with a new cast, and it was a great opener. Dakota Richards (Golden Compass) plays Franky, quite possibly the most interesting character in the shows history.

Series 4 was largely poor, I thought, and ended with too many questions rather than answers, which wouldn't be too bad if Series 2 didn't finish that way as well, with the original cast. Here's hoping the two Series' with this cast are good.

Just watched the first epidoe of this. The dark chick that is one of the friends of Minnie?? looks exactly like Jal from Season 1/2.

Also if someone dies in this era (5/6) I'm giving up on this show. There are other ways to create drama then death. Especially every season.

I dunno, seemed like series 2 was just whacky shit for the sake of wacky shit, but I kept watching it because I liked the characters... especially Cassie, totally agreed on her. Plus my maths teacher's wife taught her English so we're practically soulmates! That's why I couldn't watch series 3, because the characters were so shit - and a few people may remember I have legit reasons for disliking JJ, but I won't get into that :shifty:

Series 5 of Skins started last week (ep 2 tonight, E4) with a new cast, and it was a great opener. Dakota Richards (Golden Compass) plays Franky, quite possibly the most interesting character in the shows history.

Series 4 was largely poor, I thought, and ended with too many questions rather than answers, which wouldn't be too bad if Series 2 didn't finish that way as well, with the original cast. Here's hoping the two Series' with this cast are good.

Just watched the first epidoe of this. The dark chick that is one of the friends of Minnie?? looks exactly like Jal from Season 1/2.

Also if someone dies in this era (5/6) I'm giving up on this show. There are other ways to create drama then death. Especially every season.

Y'know, I waited until the end credits to see if the two were related, because I thought the same - I don't think so, though. Jal was played by Larissa Wilson, whereas this new girl is Laya Lewis. If they're related, they aren't by surname, at least.

Enjoyed episode two as well. The relationship between the heavy metal fan and Grace is one I can get into. But then again, I've gotten into most relationships on Skins, especially the lesbian stuff with Naomi and Emily in S3, which was by far the best part of the second generation - sucked that they ended said series with a throwaway episode, when the penultimate one (Emily standing up to her twin, saying she loves Naomi) should've been the series ender.

I am now officially watching Big Bang Theory just to get angry about each new episode.

Welcome to me and Glee for the past couple of months.

Agreed. It's not even a case of "it's not as good as last season". This is Heroes season three and onwards level of bad. Some of the stuff is downright insultingly bad.

I have a feeling I'm going to watch for the rest of the season out of an insane sense of obligation/being an insufferable completist. If it doesn't get watchable by then I'll probably cut my ties.

Y'know, I waited until the end credits to see if the two were related, because I thought the same - I don't think so, though. Jal was played by Larissa Wilson, whereas this new girl is Laya Lewis. If they're related, they aren't by surname, at least.

Enjoyed episode two as well. The relationship between the heavy metal fan and Grace is one I can get into. But then again, I've gotten into most relationships on Skins, especially the lesbian stuff with Naomi and Emily in S3, which was by far the best part of the second generation - sucked that they ended said series with a throwaway episode, when the penultimate one (Emily standing up to her twin, saying she loves Naomi) should've been the series ender.

The 1st generation characters were the best, the 2nd were ok but i'm struggling to get into the new series. I think it's alright and it'll probably take a few more episodes until I get a true feel whether its gonna be shite or not as i'll get to know the characters.

Charlie Brookers new programme I really like apart from the bits in the middle such as alreadys been said the fake comedy show those bits I'm not a fan off but other than that its great.

I dunno, seemed like series 2 was just whacky shit for the sake of wacky shit, but I kept watching it because I liked the characters... especially Cassie, totally agreed on her. Plus my maths teacher's wife taught her English so we're practically soulmates! That's why I couldn't watch series 3, because the characters were so shit - and a few people may remember I have legit reasons for disliking JJ, but I won't get into that :shifty:

...go into that. shifty.gif

AND CASSIE IS MINE DAMMIT NEW YORK IS ONLY A FEW HOURS AWAY

Anybody watch Supernatural? Just came back from its break yesterday, good episode and a new villain to end the series (most likely) with.

I like Episodes. It's not hilarious, but it's fun. If they kill Tamsin Greig, it'll be great. I hear the ratings are bombing in the US though.

I've not been impressed. It's not been offensively bad but it's not be particularly good either. It's amongst the most average shows I've ever watched.

Eh. I'm not satisfied unless I have a lot of TV to watch, so I'll take anything average or above.

Being Human US isn't too bad. It's never particularly that entertaining (and I'm already annoyed by the ghost girl) but it's got Mark Pellegrino as a series regular and I like both Sam Witiwer and Sam Huntington. I can't help but feel like the show is hurt more by it's premise of monsters wanting to be normal than anything else, it feels like watching them live there lives is the most boring parts of the show.

Also going through and watching Chuck once more. Man. I love the soundtrack. Glasvegas - Daddy's Gone is a wonderful track.

Anybody watch Supernatural? Just came back from its break yesterday, good episode and a new villain to end the series (most likely) with.

Yeah, was a great episode. I thought were would be dealing with angels these season a lot but "Mother" works for me. I have heard this was the end of the series but Supernatural has also been getting very high ratings so possible to get one more good season out of it? Yet to see. I can't wait to see how this unfolds though.

Nah, they said that short of a few excuses to keep Castiel around, they're done with the Heaven and Hell storylines. I wouldn't be surprised to see Supernatural stick around for another year, the only problem is that how do you end the show after having had what should have been the most natural ending?

I can't help but feel like all we've got left now is for both brothers to sacrifice themselves to save the world or something. I just don't see them ever not hunting whilst they're still alive. If I had to guess, I'd say they probably go with some kind of ending where the final shot is them heading off to find another job. Unless this 'Mother' storyline will somehow rid the world of all monsters.

I like this season, I really do, but the one thing I don't like is how they never fucking seem to close the monster of the week cases any more. I get why they do it, because of the whole Alpha thing, but it all just feels like a waste of time when at the end of the episode, the monster gets away/there's still another one.

Also this series is really lacking in ghost related episodes.