General Television Thread

Hellfire

Watching the show now. He referenced Extreme Rules!

Also

"How do you like your coffee?"

"Tossed in you fucking face!"

Hilarious

EDIT: That American comedian is a massive arsehole though. Shut up and stop whining about Britain you ignorant cunt.

Edited by deli2000

American Horror Story starts off ridiculously over the top, but I'm halfway through season one, and it's starting to settle into a nice group of arcs at the moment. Generally a good show, if a little obsessed with trying to play up to the horror and less to the story.

I was sold on Community at the end of the second ep. The Biblioteque rap just sealed it for me that this show is wonderful. The only negative of it is Ken Leung, who is just as unfunny as everything else he's in.

Also, someone else post, I am talking to myself here :shifty:

Big Bang Theory seems to forget it's audience more with each passing week. I watched the episode last night, where Leonard meets his childhood bully...

... and it ended, rather than with something feel good like him getting a genuine apology (or at least getting some kind some of catharsis from laying the guy out with a lucky punch), but with Leonard and Sheldon being chased away from their own home after the guy retracts a previous apology.

To add to that - Penny realises she was a bully, then engages the two girls in stealing from charity, and they barely realise the error of their ways by the end of it (with the annoying little one still stealing a pair of shoes).

I know the show jumped the shark quite some time back, but this episode just really got on my nerves. Their wasn't even any comedy value to be gained from any of it, and it just generally made me question why I continue to watch a show that proclaims itself 'geeky', and yet insults it's audience at every possible step.

• Like 1

Do you guys know a website that details when a show will start again after the break? I do not watch A&E outside of Breakout Kings or TNT outside of Falling Skies, so I never get to see the commercials for them and was wondering if there was a site that had all the shows and when they returned.

Guest mr. potato head

Big Bang Theory seems to forget it's audience more with each passing week. I watched the episode last night, where Leonard meets his childhood bully...

... and it ended, rather than with something feel good like him getting a genuine apology (or at least getting some kind some of catharsis from laying the guy out with a lucky punch), but with Leonard and Sheldon being chased away from their own home after the guy retracts a previous apology.

To add to that - Penny realises she was a bully, then engages the two girls in stealing from charity, and they barely realise the error of their ways by the end of it (with the annoying little one still stealing a pair of shoes).

I know the show jumped the shark quite some time back, but this episode just really got on my nerves. Their wasn't even any comedy value to be gained from any of it, and it just generally made me question why I continue to watch a show that proclaims itself 'geeky', and yet insults it's audience at every possible step.

It's the most-watched show in Canada and near the top in the US. I don't think its target audience is what you think it is.

Do you guys know a website that details when a show will start again after the break? I do not watch A&E outside of Breakout Kings or TNT outside of Falling Skies, so I never get to see the commercials for them and was wondering if there was a site that had all the shows and when they returned.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/

Go to Shows A-Z and it lists everything you're looking for.

• Like 1

It's the most-watched show in Canada and near the top in the US. I don't think its target audience is what you think it is.

And it can suck down some bleach for all I care. The performances are fine and dandy; it's fantastic to see Sara Gilbert & Johnny Galecki get credit where credit is due. It's the writing that kills this show.

It's complete fluff. Nothing happens with any real weight or consequence.

OH AN THEY SCIENCEY! Yes, hahaha, Bill Prady used to be a computer programmer and so we get gorged with references to various scientific theories and practices. Then again, isn't it nice that a show following three professors with doctorates (and one with a Masters in Engineering) can do so well in times where we're bludgeoned over the head with economic doom and gloom?

The wife loves this show, and I only tolerate it for her sake and the fact that it's nice to see people like Gilbert, Galecki, and Jim Parsons get their mainstream due. It's junk food television, folks. Enjoy.

Edited by The Midget
  • Like 6