General Television Thread

Hellfire

Hell On Wheels:

I did not see the Father killing Lt. Griggs. I sort of figured something was going to happen, but my assumption was that Griggs was going to kill the Father believing that he was hiding Joseph Blackmoon - not that the Father was gonna steal Griggs' sword and cut his fucking head off.

I like this show, but I think its biggest problem is pacing. It's been slow all season and with the last 2 or 3 episodes it's really picked up the pace, only for it to abruptly end next week.

It took me a while to get into Hell on Wheels, I must have watched or tried to watch the first episode at least 5 times. I just kept falling asleep or losing concentration maybe more my own fault as I tend to watch things from midnight onwards but whatever. After I finally got through that episode properly and in full I still never felt like watching the next few episodes as soon as I could, but with the last 3 or so episodes I've been watching them pretty much as soon as I could. I don't love it but its a good show something seems off though I wish I could figure out what, maybe it is the pacing like already said above.

Gah, fuckers. I decided not to watch this Christmas, and wait until they air over here (probably in June or something even more ridiculous), but now I'm going to have to go over my own head.

You can probably wait. I am of the opinion, and it is not one that I alone hold, that this season was dreadful. It had moments, but overall it simply didn't work. The ending however does make me want to come back and watch the next season, something that until it happened I had no interest in anymore.

I'm like 6 episodes behind on Hell on Wheels and my dvr only saves 5 episodes :(

Gah, fuckers. I decided not to watch this Christmas, and wait until they air over here (probably in June or something even more ridiculous), but now I'm going to have to go over my own head.

You can probably wait. I am of the opinion, and it is not one that I alone hold, that this season was dreadful. It had moments, but overall it simply didn't work. The ending however does make me want to come back and watch the next season, something that until it happened I had no interest in anymore.

Really? I thought it was much better than the previous season.

I'd go 4 > 1 > 3 > 2 > 5 > 6. Probably my least favourite season so far.

Mine too. Least favorite I mean. I went into details in the actual Dexter thread about what bothered me.

Watched the S5 premiere of Californication and not feeling it. I hope it gets better. However it gets bonus points for having Natalie Zea.

Watched the premiere of House Of Lies, the new Showtime dramedy, and short of Kristen Bell being nice to look at, not a lot there to like. Not as bad as I thought Episodes was after one episode, but not very good.

I did decide to give Shameless a second try though, so I have the entire first season of that to watch, probably this weekend.

Season 5 left me with an incredibly bad taste in my mouth. The entire season built up for a fantastic change of pace, but they just basically wound up right back where they were at the start of the season.

That was my only complaint with S5 really. From beginning until the last 10 minutes of the finale S5 was a great season and had me convinced they were going to finally alter the character of Dexter and the basic premise of the show. But they didn't, they copped out and reset everything.

I didnt mind House of Lies. My problem is waiting for new episodes since it is a new show. I prefer making a speed run through shows for the first season or two so Ill know whether I like it right away. Partly the reason I stopped recording Hell on Wheels.

Shameless I enjoy for whatever reason.

Yeah, what do people have against Shameless? I didn't realize it wasn't cool to enjoy great TV shows any more.

Fuck. Did I miss out? Do we all like Two and a Half Men now? Sorry guys. :(

I tried the pilot episode last year and didn't find it all that great and just never went back. Now I shall. And if it sucks I will hold you personally responsible.

Shameless will go on my TV project queue since I love William H. Macy. Actually, I think it might be on Netflix Instant and if so then I'll probably start giving it a chance soon (I'm about ten episodes away from having watched all of The Larry Sanders Show. Great show).

Watched the first episode of Misfits yesterday. I liked it! Looking forward to watching more.

Yeah, you're right. I guess whatever deal that has Showtime programs like Dexter on Netflix Instant doesn't apply to Shameless. It's going to have to wait a while, then.