General Television Thread

Hellfire

Boss, Boardwalk Empire, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Homeland, Friday Night Lights.

Somebody rank these for me from most need-to-watch-immediately to least. :shifty:

1. Game of Thrones (one season long, new episodes starting up in a couple months)

2. Breaking Bad (neck and neck with Mad Men for Best Drama on TV, new season starting before the new seasons of the two shows that follow on my list)

3. Homeland (just one season as well)

4. Boardwalk Empire (first season is kind of a chore sometimes, second season is great)

5. Friday Night Lights (not watched it yet)

6. Boss (not watched it yet nor heard anything as good as what I've heard about FNL)

To be honest, aside from Homeland I don't care for anything Showtime is putting on. They run their shows into the ground mercilessly.

but.. Shameless!

To be honest, aside from Homeland I don't care for anything Showtime is putting on. They run their shows into the ground mercilessly.

but.. Shameless!

Shameless is great, but doesn't really fit what GoGo's saying as it just started. I personally think Californication (which has taken a somewhat fresh turn, it seems) is still great, but I can see his point with the rest of their shows, especially Weeds and Dexter.

Boss, Boardwalk Empire, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Homeland, Friday Night Lights.

Somebody rank these for me from most need-to-watch-immediately to least. :shifty:

This is a tough one because FNL, Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones are all amazing. You can't go wrong with any of them.

I will say start with FNL first. Though I only really say that because of how overlooked it is when talking about the great dramas of the last 10-15 years. I will say that while Breaking Bad is great, I did have a hard time getting through Season 1 and about half of Season 2 before it becomes a can't-miss show. Game of Thronrs is just great from the start.

I haven't seen the rest other than maybe the pilot (Boardwalk Empire), so I wouldn't be able to tell you about them yet.

And yeah the Showtime point is valid and as much as I love Californicatikn, there have been times where it's felt like the show has overstayed its welcome.

Guest mr. potato head

Thanks guys. :)

Gonna start with GOT because it's the first one back. Then Boardwalk Empire. Then I'll probably want a comedy so Episodes. Then Breaking Bad which I'll catch up with before or during Season 5. FNL I'll wait on only because it's complete.

Thanks guys. :)

Gonna start with GOT because it's the first one back. Then Boardwalk Empire. Then I'll probably want a comedy so Episodes. Then Breaking Bad which I'll catch up with before or during Season 5. FNL I'll wait on only because it's complete.

Episodes was so fucking bad, but I admit I watched it every week and will watch S2 whenever it comes back. So good luck with that pile of shit show. Seriously it is so fucking bad.

Episodes just... is. It's not horrible or anything, but it's potential never even comes close to being realised. It's a show that absolutely drowns in mediocrity.

It should have been great and could have been, but something was terribly fucked up in the execution. And the female lead (I forget her name) dear god above she is wretched. Funny thing I learned recently....Thomas Haden Church was originally cast as the Network Exec but had to leave due to scheduling conflicts. He alone might have made the show 12% better.

And Homeland. Everyone should watch Homeland!

God, I love you, Teej. Watching Episodes is like having sex with an AIDS-ridden, fat, ugly prostitute and you can actually feel the AIDS grasping tightly at your dick and coursing through your body with a burning sensation that can only be likened to lava.

God, I love you, Teej. Watching Episodes is like having sex with an AIDS-ridden, fat, ugly prostitute and you can actually feel the AIDS grasping tightly at your dick and coursing through your body with a burning sensation that can only be likened to lava.

But for some reason you keep going back for more!

I blame Tasmin Grieg. As I do for all bad things in life.

But for some reason you keep going back for more!

I blame Tasmin Grieg. As I do for all bad things in life.

Yes, it is like that and yet there you are next week, giving that nasty disease ridden whore more of your time and money knowing you are slowly going to die and yet unable to stop yourself.

And yeah, that's the bitch. Horrid actress with her fucked up dyke haircut and her ugly fucking face and voice.