General Television Thread

Hellfire

Series 3 of The Tudors is probably the fastest drop in quality between seasons that I've ever seen for a show. It's like they knew the season would suck, because it's got less episodes than other series' too. The entire thing just feels like they're trying to get past it and move on to something way more important. Probably doesn't help that most of the decent cast had to leave for obvious reasons from season 2.

Terra Nova finale was pretty much the same as the series - shit loads of potential with none delivered. They seriously need a new show runner for next season (if they got one, I'm not up to date on it's status), because whoever is in charge right now seems to have no clue what they want the show to be. Also, the wife and son both need to die.

That show either needed to stay in the future, which looked awesome, or be a lot more Jurrasic Park than it was. Less commandos, not as safe and based on 4-5 characters that weren't insufferable. Throw a few other camps of humans in there that aren't friendly and you don't need all the shitty mystery stuff.

But hey, at least it wasn't The Cape.

Considering I haven't even heard of it and I make it my business to know about shows, it's not that surprising. Apart from a few mentions on here in the last few weeks (mostly from you), I haven't heard a thing about it.

I didn't say it was surprising, though. It's a new show that's gotten a lot of critical acclaim but not mainstream hype. It's just really unfortunate that more people haven't watched it yet as I think it's probably the second-best new show of 2011, behind Game of Thrones.

Looking at the standings, it was actually only two points off from making it too. Ah, well.

Considering I haven't even heard of it and I make it my business to know about shows, it's not that surprising. Apart from a few mentions on here in the last few weeks (mostly from you), I haven't heard a thing about it.

I tried to educate you all as I watched it. Homeland was and is the best show Showtime has ever had on air. That is my final grand sweeping statement of 2011.

I tried to educate you all as I watched it. Homeland was and is the best show Showtime has ever had on air. That is my final grand sweeping statement of 2011.

Someone tell me what Homeland is about since I am too lazy to google!

Also, Parks and Rec season 2 is great. Gonna finish that, then League season 3...then something.

The lazy way I would use to describe Homeland is that it's a premium-cable 24, which means it's 24 with awesome complex characters, a much subtler touch, and character development emphasized over action. It's about a CIA agent who gets a tip that an American prisoner of war has been turned by Al Qaeda at the same time as a POW who had been assumed dead for eight years is found alive and brought back to the US; for obvious reasons he becomes her prime suspect. Awesome cat-and-mouse suspense thriller stuff ensues. The cast is fantastic, too; Claire Danes, Damian Lewis, and Mandy Patinkin all turn in really, really good performances.

It's not the best show Showtime has ever aired, though. That is still Dead Like Me.