General Television Thread

Hellfire

As I told you it would be Baddar. Picks up a bit more with a few more episodes too, though I'm still not overly keen on Justin Long.

This weekends Supernatural was brilliant, nothing ground breaking in the long run of the show, but just Supernatural doing what they do best. Always enjoy it when they go down the route of going back in the past.

I remember watching Supernatural when it first started airing. Then I just sort of stopped. Thinking of giving it a speed run one of these days to see if I can get back into it. I remember not caring for that Terminator tv show, but watching all the episodes at once I quite enjoyed it.

Did anyone catch The Finder this past Thursday? I didnt mind the episode that aired as part of Bones that one season, but Im not sure if Ill enjoy it as its own show so would like to hear some thoughts on it.

Guest mr. potato head

The Danish original is apparently pretty good.

The American one starts out well and then gets...interesting. I don't hate it as much as a lot of people, but it's not particularly good.

The Napoleon Dynamite cartoon really, really feels like an Adult Swim series circa 2003. Which is a faint compliment, I guess? It has some really funny stuff and also very long stretches where nothing funny is happening.

The Napoleon Dynamite cartoon really, really feels like an Adult Swim series circa 2003. Which is a faint compliment, I guess? It has some really funny stuff and also very long stretches where nothing funny is happening.

Good to see they accurately recreated the movie.

(Gentlemen Broncos > Napoleon Dynamite. Yeah, I said it. BRING ME YOUR HATE.)

Watching The Borgias for the first time (had it recorded for ages, but playing Assassin's Creed has made me want to watch it). I like it so far, but Jeremy Irons not looking anything like Rodrigo Borgia is bothering me more than I can understand >_>

EDIT:

They killed off Derek Jacobi! What the fuck?

:(

I thought the bits with his brother and the black chick were kinda amusing. That and the other guy, their mums boyfriend, is it?

(The movie this is)

While I actually quite liked the movie (haven't watched it in seven years though and I have no plans to watch it again), that sort of sums up the show, too. The Kip stuff is really funny. The Napoleon stuff mostly drags in the first episode and maybe the first two-thirds of the second, though it's actually in service of a fairly funny plot in the second one. It helps that the jock character from the movie is pretty hysterically written, they've basically turned him into a guy who delivers the most deliberately obvious, stilted things that jocks in high school movies would say.

Anybody like Portlandia? For those who haven't seen, it's a skit comedy show starring Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein where they mock Portland, but are basically mocking hipster and alternative culture. I quite enjoy it.

• Like 1

RE: Napoleon Dynamite

I laughed when Napoleon tried climbing over the fence and fell down on the other side. That's it. Fuck that movie.

I'm gonna be checking out Portlandia soon.

Concur about it being a slightly uneven show. I find him endearing no matter what and even when a sketch fails, I still find it at least mildly amusing. Sometimes in a "what the fuck am I watching?" way.

Edited by RockPaperScissors
  • Like 1

Surprised it hasn't got it's own thread and nobody is actually talking about it, but just watched the opening episode of Alcatraz.

Brilliant opener and it's looking like it could be a great show. Actually a little different to what I expected. Going to get started on the second episode now, big thumbs up for the opener though.