General Television Thread

Hellfire

That was bummer news that turned into "okay, if that's why, I'll handle it" news that turned into AWESOME NEWS.

Seriously, John Oliver is the heir apparent, in my view.

This will a true test of whether or not the brand can hold up without Stewart. I'm honestly surprised that 14 years later Jon Stewart is still in that gig. If the ratings hold up fairly well without Stewart, we may see more and more guest hosts, which used to be pretty common in late night.

I love Robot Combat League. The fights this week, especially the first one, was awesome. Brimstone looks like Mysterio (Spiderman villian not Rey)

I am a bit perplexed as to why all the robots have no armor between the torso and the legs so all the wiring/mechanics are visible. Surely they would be the most weakest point on every robot?

I love Robot Combat League. The fights this week, especially the first one, was awesome. Brimstone looks like Mysterio (Spiderman villian not Rey)

I am a bit perplexed as to why all the robots have no armor between the torso and the legs so all the wiring/mechanics are visible. Surely they would be the most weakest point on every robot?

Something we agree on! :o I am shocked! They have to have a weak spot though. Otherwise why not just make them all have huge plate?

On Justified, the first season is great, the second season is in the pantheon of the best single seasons of a TV show ever in my opinion, and season three is pretty good though not as good as the previous two. The fourth has been great so far too, with a lot of smaller story arcs while the big mystery develops.

Season 2 of Justified really reminded me of Season 2 of The Wire, where it significantly expands the universe of the show but it still ties everything together in a grander sense. Boyd Crowder may be my new favorite TV character ever. Just started with Season 3, still am loving it.

Finally caught up on Arrow. Good show.

Yeah I really enjoy it and it seems to be getting even better. Though it's a bit weird/sad/interesting that the best (quality + ratings) new show of the season is on The CW.

What's EWB's opinion on 'Revolution'? It starts on Sky1 in a few weeks, and I'll probably start watching if it's any good, with Walking Dead coming to an end in a month or so.

I think the general consensus was "disappointing", a few people liked it though if I remember correctly.

I hated it. Stuck with it for 5 episodes and couldn't take any more.

Rewatching Farscape, I'd forgot how the crew feels incomplete until Chiana joins up, and also how much I tend to dislike Zan in comparison to the rest of the crew.

Which one is Farscape, is that the one with portals? Or is that Stargate?

Rewatching Farscape, I'd forgot how the crew feels incomplete until Chiana joins up, and also how much I tend to dislike Zan in comparison to the rest of the crew.

Which one is Farscape, is that the one with portals? Or is that Stargate?

That's Stargate. Farscape is the one with a lot of puppetry work done by Jim Henson's workshop.

Not a big fan of the TV show Stargate, but the movie was good fun. Farscape is definitely a name I've heard but I don't think that I've ever seen the show.

If you're looking for something, I'd certainly suggest it. It's a little goofy at times, but intentionally so, and whilst the puppetry looks a little bit dated, it allows for some very cool and different looking aliens, something that's missing amongst the numerous generic humanoids you see in a lot of sci-fi. Doesn't hurt that the characters are all very unique and interesting too.

Stargate is alright mindless sci-fi but it does have a few absolutely awful episodes every season.

Pretty much this. Though I stand by the 200th episode as being one of my favourite episodes of anything ever.