General Television Thread

Hellfire

I've seen S1, but not 2. I felt like 1 was slow during the first 3 or 4 episodes, but near the back end of the season it started to pick up steam.

• Like 1

Watching The Next Generation season 2 (now in HD, as Syfy keeps reminding me), and I forgot how much I dislike Wesley-centric episodes. He's a good character for people to bounce off of, but stories with him as the main character just drag. I also forgot how much I love Data, and the stories surrounding him. There's a sudden influx of Data-centric episodes in season 2, where it seems like the writers suddenly realised how much potential he had as a character, and they were totally on the money.

Also, random Whoopi Goldberg addition is a plus.

I don't know if anyone still watches Castle, but I decided to watch last nights part one on a whim and god damn was it awesome...

The comments section of where I watched the episode told me Alexis died in this ep, which I attributed to just a guy trolling the viewers, but damn it the longer the episode went the more I started to think he was being truthful. Especially when they broke out. Don't kill Alexis people!

:(

Watching The Next Generation season 2 (now in HD, as Syfy keeps reminding me), and I forgot how much I dislike Wesley-centric episodes. He's a good character for people to bounce off of, but stories with him as the main character just drag. I also forgot how much I love Data, and the stories surrounding him. There's a sudden influx of Data-centric episodes in season 2, where it seems like the writers suddenly realised how much potential he had as a character, and they were totally on the money.

I don't find Wesley annoying at all, but I agree that the episodes that focus on him are kind of weak.

Season 2 does have "A Measure of a Man", which is one of the best Star Trek episodes ever.

I don't find Wesley annoying at all, but I agree that the episodes that focus on him are kind of weak.

Season 2 does have "A Measure of a Man", which is one of the best Star Trek episodes ever.

I like Wesley's character, but I think his episodes suffer from my hatred of generic teen angst. This is a show about the wonders of the universe, where the guy is young ensign on a starship full of possibilities, and they choose to focus on his insatiabal teenage libido instead of his often mentioned, but never shown (in his own episodes), potential.

Anyone catch Cult? I did and i wasn't terribly impressed.

Someone needs to make a show surrounding the early years of T-Bagg. The world needs more Robert Knepper.

Did you see the episode of the sadly cancelled Breakout Kings where he showed up as T-Bagg?

• Like 1