General Television Thread

Hellfire

I hadn't heard that confirmation, but it makes sense. There had been a rumor that he would hand the Layover, um, over to a new host but still be an exec producer but that never got beyond rumor. I'm sure his full energies will be in Parts Unknown for now (which will debut in the next few months, I believe) and depending on the nature of that show he may bring The Layover back later on, even if just in spirit. Franky, as long as he's producing something on a regular basis, I'm cool with it.

When he signed with CNN he made mention that No Reservations had a few episodes left and that will be done. And that Layover has one more season that he needed to film (this one) and then he's done there.

I assume that those kids lost interest in the story their dad's telling them years ago, and the reveal will be that for the past 4-5 seasons, he's been talking to a wall.

So...I had this issue tonight with Netflix. I was at a Tim Horton's eating and using their WiFi and all of a sudden, there's 6 seasons of Dexter available and I'm super excited. I then get home, and it's unavailable. Is this possible because maybe Tim Horton's WiFi is based from Canada and they have different deals in foreign countries? Or am I crazy?

From what I can find, Showtime pulled Dexter off of the US Netflix service but it remains in other countries - Mexico, Canada, etc.

Finished AHS: Asylum yesterday. It had its fair share of crappy episodes, but I enjoyed the season overall.

I wonder where they're going to take season 3.

Some people think its going to be related to the Salem Witch Trials, due do the song I Put A Spell on You being played. But others think it'd be too weak to be feared in New England for 2 straight seasons

Finished AHS: Asylum yesterday. It had its fair share of crappy episodes, but I enjoyed the season overall.

They killed off the best characters about four episodes too early. Arden, Mary Eunice and Thredson all going within an episode of each other was fucking dumb. The aliens didn't have enough to carry the tail end of the season, and were never even delivered on anyway.

The characters were great, the tension was great, but the story arc was not.

There's a lot of speculation, but no confirmation yet of S3's plot. Salem Witch Trials and a Carnival are most rumoured.

They killed off the best characters about four episodes too early. Arden, Mary Eunice and Thredson all going within an episode of each other was fucking dumb. The aliens didn't have enough to carry the tail end of the season, and were never even delivered on anyway.

The characters were great, the tension was great, but the story arc was not.

There's a lot of speculation, but no confirmation yet of S3's plot. Salem Witch Trials and a Carnival are most rumoured.

I think their problem was that during the middle episodes of the season, there wasn't a lot going on so they wanted to throw in a few surprises that you may have expected later.

I was definitely satisfied with the ending though.

The ending was great, I really wanted her to be killed since she turned out to be the real villain of the piece. Even though I saw it coming what with the last season ending with the "bad guy" winning, it was perfectly done.

I loved Kit, despite the stupid alien story. He got the happy ending he deserved, even if it wasn't the one he thought he'd get.

NBC’s Do No Harm on Thursday premiered to 3.1 million total viewers and a 0.9 demo rating, marking — wait for it — the lowest-rated, in-season debut of any scripted Big 4 series ever.

Not sure if I should even bother watching the pilot now. If I like it, I'll just be pissed that it's going to be canceled shortly.

Finally getting around to watching the The Following pilot. Man, Billy Brown is a hell of a lucky actor. 3 significant roles over the last two years: Dexter, Sons of Anarchy, and The Following.