General Television Thread

Hellfire

Just watched the first three episodes of The Following, enjoying it so far, its not fantastic but it is watchable.

Last Resort was batshit mental all the way through and decreased in quality the longer it went on.

I hadn't realised that Archer had started back up and now I've got the first four episodes of the new season to watch.

BEWARE OF MOUNTAIN LIONS.

Hahaha, fuck, I didn't realize that it's still the trope namer for TV Tropes' page on unbelievably pointless side-stories.

Oh, i´m not even with the wilderness yet. By now she only started her new job, got beat by the father along site the entire family, got the police on herself for child abduction, went into CTU right when it gets bombed and got accused by a doctor that she was the one abusing the little girl. If i remember it corectly her boyfrinds tended to loose limbs... i think the one that just showed up looses his leg soon.

But besides the Kim arc the second Season starts out very stong. (i remember that usualy the first 6-12 episodes were the stronges in most seasons though)

DAMIT MASSON, WE`RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME!!

Also, Nina Myers, still hot. Not as hot as Mandy, but i still like the thought of there being a hot girl lesbian information dealing killing independent agency around. I miss 24. Sad that i only got the first 5 Seasons on DVD, might need to invest some in the other three.

Looking for TV show recommendations. I've been watching a couple British series, Jonathan Creek and Lovejoy, which are pretty plot-based but are also very funny. Does anybody know of American series like this? I can't think of any off hand, it seems most US shows are broad comedies or dramas that take themselves very seriously. I'm not talking about drama shows that have occasional jokes or whatever, I'm sure every drama has a bit of comic relief.

Still looking for recs. Something like Firefly is more what I'm after, though even that is a touch too serious.

It's hard for me to recommend based on British shows because I haven't seen many of them and I don't know what US series you have seen but from what you're describing you should try:

Chuck

Psych

Reaper

Leverage

Suits

All an hour long, none of which can be easily described as either comedy or drama.

Really, Firefly is more or less what I'm looking for, but I have already seen it and don't feel like watching it again at the moment. Chuck and Psych seem like they could suit my standards, I've heard of them but never really looked into them. I'll check up on the others. Thanks.

Fuck, I love Shameless so much. This show man. I don't even know what it is about it, but I just love it to bits. I'm glad it looks like they're fading out the stuff with Jimmy and his fake-wife, makes it seem like it's more a means to give him the story of him struggling with trying to find a job that won't get him put in prison, rather than just creating an obstacle between him and Fiona.

Looking for TV show recommendations. I've been watching a couple British series, Jonathan Creek and Lovejoy, which are pretty plot-based but are also very funny. Does anybody know of American series like this? I can't think of any off hand, it seems most US shows are broad comedies or dramas that take themselves very seriously. I'm not talking about drama shows that have occasional jokes or whatever, I'm sure every drama has a bit of comic relief.

Still looking for recs. Something like Firefly is more what I'm after, though even that is a touch too serious.

You should check out West Wing (or other Aaron Sorkin shows). Very plot driven, but they all have a bunch of funny moments. I can also suggest Wilfred.