General Television Thread

Hellfire

Really, Firefly is more or less what I'm looking for, but I have already seen it and don't feel like watching it again at the moment. Chuck and Psych seem like they could suit my standards, I've heard of them but never really looked into them. I'll check up on the others. Thanks.

Sometimes wish I'd never seen Firefly so I could see it all again for the first time.

• Like 1

Really, Firefly is more or less what I'm looking for, but I have already seen it and don't feel like watching it again at the moment. Chuck and Psych seem like they could suit my standards, I've heard of them but never really looked into them. I'll check up on the others. Thanks.

Sometimes wish I'd never seen Firefly so I could see it all again for the first time.

I feel the same way. And for a lot of other shows. And video games.

I don't know why Dean's crying though. His show will be on for FOREVER.

This is turning out to be the truth since it was renewed for another season today. Arrow and The Vampire Diaries were also renewed, shocking absolutely nobody.

Glad at least one new show I've liked this season got renewed.

Yeah it is. It's crazy how the ratings actually seem to be getting better. The fact that they moved it away from Friday helped (and pairing it with Arrow which is quickly becoming the network's flagship show) but still, a show shouldn't be getting stronger, ratings-wise, this far into the series.

Watched Friday Night Lights season 3 whilst I was laid up by disease. Great season, much better than season 2 was. I think I've discovered the secret to the Panthers victories though...

They stopped saying "clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose", and whenever they don't do that, they lose

:(

Brilliantly written season that served as a great ending for some characters, a great start for others, and yet still managed to have a really good self-contained story.

That is categorically untrue.

Does the name Tara ring a bell?

From Buffy or True Blood? I'd argue the Buffy one was just boring. True Blood though... alright, you got me there. I'll narrow it down to least likeable character in a comedy show.

I could totally see Dean Norris playing Big Jim. Kind of funny though.

Under The Dome book spoilers ahoy!:

Big Jim's initially presented as a used car dealership owner and a town selectman, but underneath all that he's a power-mad asshole who runs the largest meth lab on the east coast.

Curious as to who gets cast as Barbie, though.

EDIT: Mike Vogel. He definitely looks the part of Barbie.

Small Elementary spoiler, but an alum from The Wire shows up on this week's episode. :D

It was a great episode too. Man, the show is really starting to hit it's stride!

In unrelated news, I don't like to comment on Pilot casting too much but Kyle Chandler! It's about time. It's cool he's been doing some great movies but not with big enough parts!