General Television Thread

Hellfire

I really hope Giancarlo Esposito signs on so we can get more of Gus' backstory filled in, even if it's just in a recurring role. Is he still on Revolution? Is that show still on?

And…tonight's How I Met Your Mother was fantastic. I won't spoil it but I think we saw the seed planted for the spin-off

The spin off is supposed to be completely unrelated to the main story, so I don't think that'll be the case.

But yes, tonight's episode was amazing. One of the best episodes of the entire series I'd venture to say.

The "seed" that there is apparently another MacLarens on the other side of New York City

Because I like Seth Green, Martin Mull and Giovanni Ribisi, and I tend to find Seth McFarlane stuff is either funny or awful, so I was holding out hope that with the cast it would be funny.

Yeah, I mean, to be fair, these are reasons why I checked it out too but that was also before a bajillion people already said don't bother. :P

I mean, there's worse shows that could live forever, but as a fan of the show, I really wish it wasn't being stretched out forever.

I can't imagine the spin off being anything more than Supernatural without Sam and Dean, though. And Sam and Dean are pretty much what made the show.

Going straight from season 2 of Chuck to season 3 is so fucking weird. I liked the idea of Chuck with kung fu at the time and it leads to cool stuff, but it really feels like it seriously shakes up the status quo... I kind of liked the status quo. And him not going with Sarah is stupid, no matter how you look at it. Being a spy was never what he wanted - Sarah was.

Maybe it's Yvonne blinding me.

Yeah, it's really not that stupid. The show continually playing the fear (of General Boeckman's reaction) card as the reason why they can't be together was the stupid part.

But Chuck saying that he couldn't choose to run away with her because he wanted to become a spy is a continuation of his arc in Season 2 about growing into something more than just a Nerd Herder. And Sarah had a large part in that because she helped him realize that he was legit good at being a spy.

To be fair, I totally made that call before the episode where Chuck confessed his love and all that.

Anyway, Elementary is still fun, but I miss the focus it had in the first season. I feel like they've not bothered with the overarching plot this time around and that's what made it special the first time. Maybe I'm just totally forgetting about something they've set up.