General Television Thread

Hellfire

AVClub gave Broad City a really good review, so I recorded it and am gonna watch it sometime later today. I had no idea it was initially a webseries that Amy Poehler had a guest spot in, though.

This is for probably Mehddie and nobody else; I pretty much marathonned the seasons I knew were represented in the second All-Star season, tried to predict what the cast would be aside from the ones I already knew (Cowboys, Globetrotters, Mike and Mel, Goths, Miss Kentucky and Her Forgettable Dad), and was promptly baffled at half of the selections. Who was clamoring for the return of Amanda and Kris? It's supposed to be a season of memorable characters, couldn't we just go one time without the bland, athletic young couple?

On the plus side, Justin and Zev and Christina and Ron were teams I was happy to see back. Jamie and Cara not so much. If they wanted an all-female team that could get the villain edit I would have much preferred Carol and Brandy.

EDIT: Also I like Broad City.

Not loving Season 3 of Girls so far. It seems that all the girls just keep getting gradually more selfish and ignorant, and it just makes the programme harder and harder to like. I get that they're flawed characters, but they're just coming across as really awful people, which I don't think is the intention. And, if it is, it's hard to like a show where all the lead characters are unlikeable. I still find it weird that the two male characters are the best written, but even Adam's turning into a bit of larger than life version of his character, but he seemed back to normal by the 3rd episode.

I really hope Giancarlo Esposito signs on so we can get more of Gus' backstory filled in, even if it's just in a recurring role. Is he still on Revolution? Is that show still on?

And…tonight's How I Met Your Mother was fantastic. I won't spoil it but I think we saw the seed planted for the spin-off

• Like 1

I really hope Giancarlo Esposito signs on so we can get more of Gus' backstory filled in, even if it's just in a recurring role. Is he still on Revolution? Is that show still on?

And…tonight's How I Met Your Mother was fantastic. I won't spoil it but I think we saw the seed planted for the spin-off

The spin off is supposed to be completely unrelated to the main story, so I don't think that'll be the case.

But yes, tonight's episode was amazing. One of the best episodes of the entire series I'd venture to say.