General Television Thread

Hellfire

Should give SHIELD another try Benji, you could probably get away with skipping a bunch of the villain of the week crap and just right in to where it gets good. Bill Paxton makes it all better.

EDIT: BILL PAXTON HAD A TV SHOW!? ON HBO!? WAS IT GOOD!? NO ONE TOLD ME THIS!?

Finale is next week, I think. Watch from Episode 13 - T.R.A.C.K.S, it gets a lot better from there on. You'll catch the start of the interesting stuff, a cool episode with Lady Sif from Thor and then the main plot kicks in full force for the rest of the season. You'll enjoy it even more if you've seen Captain America: The Winter Soldier, but you don't need to have. But you totally should, because that's an awesome film.

AHS just flat out isn't good, like, ever. Not really a surprise considering we're talking about a Ryan Murphy show.

• Like 3

I didn't really think much of the first season either, to be honest. Admittedly, I only got a handful of episodes in but it wasn't doing anything to hold my attention and there was no promise of better things to come, so I just dropped it and haven't looked back.

With all the cancellation stuff, I figured I'd see what replacements we're getting and came across this:

Krysten Ritter (Breaking Bad, Don't Trust the B) stars in Mission Control, a female-driven workplace comedy that takes place in the 1960s and is said to be in the vein of Anchorman. Ritter stars as a strong woman who butts heads with a macho astronaut in the race to land on the moon.

I love the idea for this one. It could turn out awful (and comparing it to Anchorman sets off alarm bells in my head that the show isn't good enough to hype on it's own merits), but Krysten Ritter + 1960s + astronauts could be really fun.

Then I wouldn't bother. Bates never gets a real chance to deliver and the southern setting barely comes into play in any decent way.

Speaking of his shows. Continuing the hate watch of Nip Tuck season five, the long established lesbian character seems to have forgotten she's gay by forcing herself on one of the main male characters with no real provocation. Terrific.

Man, this week's episode of Modern Family started off real low, but then became amazing. It might be one of the best episodes it has ever had. Recommend it immensely as we are heading to the season finale two-parter.

FINALLY finished Nip Tuck season five. Christ it's awful. Some day I'll do season six but not any time soon.

Meanwhile I jumped into Fringe's final season and I loved it. The first episode's ending was just amazing...

Walter sitting there listening to 'Only You' whilst staring at a dandelion that dared to make it's way through the concrete perfectly highlighted both the major story and the relationships. Wonderful stuff.

• Like 1