General Television Thread

Hellfire

Chicago Fire doing a marathon bombing episode whilst Boston isn't that old (and this ep was blatantly inspired by it) has killed off any last hope the series had of keeping me.

That sounds terrible. I can't watch any of the big network dramas, they're all so uninspired and lame.

Chicago Fire doing a marathon bombing episode whilst Boston isn't that old (and this ep was blatantly inspired by it) has killed off any last hope the series had of keeping me.

To be fair, this practice isn't exactly new to Dick Wolf shows.
  • Like 2

Yea he always had a ripped from the headlines episode about a year after something happens

Holy jesus christ on a stick, Hannibal.

We gotta get more people watching it and give it its own dedicated thread.

Sidenote: I feel like Hannibal may be the best show to fill the void left by Breaking Bad. I'm not saying its the best show on TV or even the best drama (though it excels in all resepects) - especially when shows like Mad Men and Fargo are still around. However, Breaking Bad and Hannibal both maintain a wonderful sense of balance between "prestige drama" and "action-packed serialized saga", as well as a balance between climatic and episodic.

If you haven't watched any Hannibal or have lagged behind, catch the fuck up. You'll likely be too late to be caught up for this season's finale (which I believe is next week), but it's excellent viewing nonetheless.

I keep meaning to catch up, I missed the last 2 or 3 episodes of season 1 due to DVR issues. I'm going to have to track them down and start watching season 2 soon.

Just don't watch it eating your dinner

Good advice, yes. That said, I think I've been eating during every episode I've watched. I just take the occasional break from chewing.

Also, this week's recipe was insane and wonderful.

Gonna go back and rewatch all of The Newsroom, I really did enjoy it and it's Sorkinisms of really bad woman characters!