General Television Thread

Hellfire

FARGO:

Nothing here, I just wanted to fit in

:(

• Like 1

I forgot to mention that Louie has been very subtly wonderful as well. Charles Grodin (his first appearance was also fantastic) and the violin scene were particular highlights this week.

Man, Hannibal is one fuuuuuuucked-uuuuuuuup piece of television.

That was one fucked up finale. Didn't expect it to end that way.

I though that they were going the way of the books and that Hannibal would be captured and that Season 3 would be their version of Red Dragon. Abigail being still alive and dying in fron of Will (who'll probably survive as they don't have the rights to the Clarice Starling character) was so sadistic. For a second I thought that Hannibal Abigail and Will were going to go on some homocidal road-trip together.

And now we have to wait an entire year. That is what I hate about those 13/12/10 Episodes-per-Season shows...

Edited by TheLastInLine

Jesus Christ, Hannibal. Holy shitting christ.

I cannot recall an episode of a TV show that had me audibly gasping and saying, "No!" and "Oh my GOD" like this did. And it was all in service of a continued tale of morality, which is what makes it all so vitally wonderful.

You should really read 3 different pieces from AV Club about this episode:

1) The episode review.

2) "For Your Consideration: Hannibal's finale show's the virtue of the slow-motion tragedy" (Note: If you haven't seen Breaking Bad, a comparison is made here that will spoil elements of that show for you. And that's a comparison I've made before and stand by.)

3) Finally, the conclusion to the season long Walkthrough feature with Bryan Fuller. The most notable element is likely that Will will probably survive, maybe others as well, but not everyone will.

Honestly, this may be my absolute favorite show on television. Nothing spurs me toward thought and discussion about television quite like Hannibal. I am SO glad it's getting a third season.