General Television Thread

Hellfire

Forgot how great 3rd Rock From The Sun was.

Yeah it truly is great, reminds me of watching sitcoms in my younger years that's for sure. Watched it again recently in the last few years; a bit harder to watch in sequence and a lot of then I had remembered, but still a great show. All the actors are great. Brilliant concept, and some good writing and execution throughout.

• Like 1

Started watching Brooklyn Nine Nine and I think it's pretty good. Like most comedies, I hope it just gets better after the first few episodes, but it's been getting some good laughs out of me.

It starts well and keeps getting better, I think I was sold by the Halloween episode.

If there's one thing I don't like about Brooklyn Nine-Nine is that I don't feel it's as memorable as the other recent sitcoms I've come to love. That may be due to it only being the first season, but stuff like Community and Parks & Rec were bang on memorable from the start (well, if you don't count season 1 of of Parks a real season :P )

This week's Fargo:

Okay, hands up - is anyone still pulling for Lester? Because this episode should have turned you against him for good.

That scene between Malvo and Solverson's dad was tremendous.

And oh maaaan, that brief scene between Dentist Malvo and his wife-to-be by the turntable was startlingly hilarious. "I'm gonna put my whole thumb up your ass." Aces.

Lester's still my man. He's got it all figured out. This guy is getting away clean.

There is no way Lester is making it out of that finale unscathed.

Yeah, his actions at the end of the episode pretty much removed any remorse one could have left for him. It was devilishly brilliant, however. Full heel turn.

First season of Hannibal was brilliant. Stupid redhead reporter, though.

When they first announced that they would gender-swap Freddie Lounds and Alan Bloom I was worried that this would lead to forced and unnecessary romance sub-plots. And they did introduce a romance in the series. But In my opinion it was brilliantly done. In general I love this show. Being a big fan of most of the movies and having read the books I love it when they take quotes directly from the page or turn situations from the book completely on it's heads without it being contrived. Yes, there are awefully many serial killers or psychopaths travelling through that region of America but once you get used to that and suspend your disbelief just enough you'll get an intense experience that'll make your flesh crawl.

Yeah, I totally understand. I just really hate the crap out of her :P If there's one thing I'd fix, though, is somehow shorten those dream / hallucination sequences that Will always has, because as beautiful and gruesome as they are, after like 9 episodes I stopped caring about the damn deer and whatnot, it really slowed the show down for me.

Yeah, I totally understand. I just really hate the crap out of her :P If there's one thing I'd fix, though, is somehow shorten those dream / hallucination sequences that Will always has, because as beautiful and gruesome as they are, after like 9 episodes I stopped caring about the damn deer and whatnot, it really slowed the show down for me.

I don't think you're going to like the 2nd season then... :(

• Like 1