General Television Thread

Hellfire

Hannibal Season 2, Episode 4 (&5):

Boo, they killed Beverly

:(

EDIT:

I mean, I guessed that'd happen at the end of episode 4, but damnit

:( Also, is Mads Mikelson the guy in black with antlers, or do they use a stand in?

Edited by Benkid

Of the new tv shows so far, I've watched Night Shift, Black Box, Dominion and Murder In The First. I've been DVRing Crossbones but have yet to watch, and from what I've seen from the previews, I may just stop and delete. I'm assuming its supposed to be a fictionalization of what might have happened if Blackbeard hadn't been killed. Because John Malkovich is a few decades too old to be playing Blackbeard.....and he doesn't have a black beard.

Night Shift - B+

Black Box - C - Its by the creators of HOUSE MD, and is basically about a female House who is bipolar instead of an asshole drug addict and deals with neuro problems. Hate the jazz soundtrack.

Dominion - Too early to tell. Need to see more episodes.

Murder In The First - D. Stopped watching after the first episode, when I found out that there's going to be two season long investigations instead of a new case each week. Good casting, though.

Have also watched Rising Star and the short run show Sing Your Face Off. Hope they do a season 2 of the latter.

Edited by GhostMachine

Hannibal Season 2, Episode 4 (&5):

Boo, they killed Beverly

:(

EDIT:

I mean, I guessed that'd happen at the end of episode 4, but damnit

:( Also, is Mads Mikelson the guy in black with antlers, or do they use a stand in?

On the second point I'm pretty sure there's a credit for stag man.

Catching up on Hannibal season two. Yakimono is a low point episode for the series, and I'm so sick of...

... that fucking drum beat and the stupid deer stuff...

... rest of the season has been good, just those things letting it down.

Finally arrived at episode 7 as well! I didn't like it either, mainly because

it feels like Jack Crawford shifted a little too quickly to Chilton being the Ripper and not Hannibal. Just felt a little bumpy for me to accept. Hated that they gave the kill to Miriam as well, felt like that was a scapegoat that should have gone to Jack for being wrong, which he'll find out later, I guess. Also, is Jack's wife dead yet?A bit unclear on that.

Is Tyrant really that bad? I was looking forward to it

I don't know. You hated True Detective and Fargo. Given your bizarre taste you may love Tyrant. :P

Is Tyrant really that bad? I was looking forward to it

You probably won't like it. There's a scene that I know you won't enjoy, which is one of the odd writing decisions I alluded to.

EDIT: Oh and Judd Apatow has written a comedy pilot for Hulu that may star Gillian Jacobs.

http://www.vulture.com/2014/06/judd-apatows-next-tv-comedy-could-be-for-hulu.html

Edited by livid

So Girl Meets World is not very good, although I would've liked it better if I were the target demographic. I guess I was hoping it would be less cookie cutter Disney show.

And dear lord Cory's nose.

I mean, Boy Meets World only really started challenging the framework of the kind of show it was like five years in when general insanity set in.

But yeah, it is what it is. I'm gonna check in with it periodically. If I were a kid I'd probably like it way more. THE PLIGHT OF AN ADULT WATCHING A CHILDREN'S SHOW.

Yeah, the vibe was similar to to the earlier seasons of BMW, only much more Disney-fied. It just looks like a clone of all their other shows w/ Corey and Topanga slapped on. I doubt it'll ever evolve to something in the same vein of the original series, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. It's for kids as it should be. 9 year old me would've dug it though.

Oh my god, yeah, Farkle is terrible. I get the vague impression from a report of someone who's seen later episodes that they tone it down, and that the pilot is the worst episode thusfar. I hope both are true.

Because I'm an adult.

And I'm going to watch more of this show because I have been promised Shawn Hunter and Stuart Minkus.

That's my life.

• Like 3

We need Maxx's review of it! *lights the Maxx signal*

Hannibal season 2, episode 9:

Holy shit!

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: Oh my god I'm so hopeful, but they haven't shown her body and just like Abigail Hobbs, I'm convinced Freddie's still alive. But I fucking hope not! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:​

Legend of Korra is back! Three episodes in one day, and I think they're pretty great. However I thought last season was great as well, and people seemed to hate that.

I didn't like last season very much and I thought last night's episodes were mostly very good. Only exception is Henry Rollins voicing Zaheer. He sounds really wooden.

I've never watched Legend of Korra (or Avatar, for that matter) but looking at the cast I'm like what the shit why am I not? Aubrey Plaza! Lisa Edelstein! JAMES REMAR? JK Simmons! Plus, you know, all the regulars like Dee Bradley Baker and Steve Blum. I should watch this sometime.