General Television Thread

Hellfire

Season 2 of Hannibal is so much better than season 1, IMO. Season 1 felt like a procedural at times, but season 2 was bang on awesome. I'd take any of those cast of characters just having discussions every episode.

Hannibal's pacing sort of makes sense with the finale. Not sure it entirely redeems it, but it does explain it.

Burned through the first two seasons of Veep. I liked it, but I'm not in a super hurry to hit season three. It mostly made me want to rewatch Arrested Development... and My Girl.

Starting on Deadwood now. All the "cancelled too soon" talk has me worried I'll regret it once I get to the end though.

Ok....I quit. The first season of Under The Dome was uneven and inconsistent. After 2 episodes of this season, its still a pretty dull show. I'm done with it

• Like 1

Tell that to "Hello Ladies" :(

I mean, it happens but it's rare that an HBO show doesn't get a second season.

Also, they're just a tad bit more invested in The Leftovers than they were with Hello Ladies.

Edited by livid

Although I was initially really skeptical and I still kind of am, I watched my first two episodes of Don't Trust The B In Apartment 23 and I... kind of liked it.

It has the same thing for me that a lot of other shows have (main character is really annoying to me, can't stand them, etc.) but ultimately the other characters are strong enough for me to see past that. I was watching over my girlfriend's shoulder essentially, I saw the last half of the episode where Van Der Beek flunks out on Dancing With The Stars and the full episode that followed about them going on a bender to the Hamptons. I like Krysten Ritter way more than I probably should.

AMC's released new photos and the line-up of series regulars for Better Call Saul.

http://blogs.amctv.com/better-call-saul/2014/07/amc-releases-line-up-of-series-regulars-and-new-photos-for-better-call-saul/

The series is set six years before Saul Goodman (Odenkirk) meets Walter White. When we meet him, the man who will become Saul Goodman is known as Jimmy McGill, a small-time lawyer searching for his destiny, and, more immediately, hustling to make ends meet. Working alongside, and often against, Jimmy is “fixer” Mike Erhmantraut (Banks), a beloved character introduced in Breaking Bad. The series will track Jimmy’s transformation into Saul Goodman, the man who puts “criminal” in “criminal lawyer.” The series’ tone is dramatic, woven through with dark humor.

Defiance has been in development for almost six years i believe and been on the air for two and i cannot even think of one single fucking interesting thing that has happened.

Glad I dropped it. Had massive potential but it was just so incredibly meh.